M&M Competition Engines SB2.2 Heads

General engine tech -- Drag Racing to Circle Track

Moderator: Team

fabr
Expert
Expert
M&M Competition Engines SB2.2 Heads

Post by fabr »

Looking for opinions or experiences with M&M Competition Engines SB2.2 heads . Good /bad/average? Are the castings and CNC work of high quality?
RAS
Pro
Pro

Re: M&M Competition Engines SB2.2 Heads

Post by RAS »

Scott did my block hone and deck cuts along with balancing my crank. I'm on the dyno now. Very happy. His shop is stuffed with work. Hope you have time.
fabr
Expert
Expert

Post by fabr »

Bump
fabr
Expert
Expert

Post by fabr »

Last try. :D Has anyone have any personal experience with their SB2.2 heads. Any info on the castings that are used?
bob460
Expert
Expert

Post by bob460 »

Can't help you for m&m but maybe have a look at the HIGGINS in Australia..............quality piece's.

You after a BILLET SB2? https://scontent.fsyd1-1.fna.fbcdn.net/ ... e=621B9D03 these vare from Tremaniac Racing..... Australia

Hope this helps!
408 Nova
Pro
Pro

Post by 408 Nova »

fabr wrote: Wed Feb 23, 2022 5:19 pm Last try. :D Has anyone have any personal experience with their SB2.2 heads. Any info on the castings that are used?
I don't have any personal experience with their castings, but I believe they are HIP'd Edelbrock castings. I think that's what their ad on Racing Junk says anyways.

When I first began building our sb2.2, I was strongly considering their head castings, but found some GM NASCAR takeoffs at a deal and used them. I can tell you that if I had it to do over, I would go with M&M because of all the money I spent on my used GM castings to get them up to speed.
fabr
Expert
Expert

Post by fabr »

bob460 wrote: Wed Feb 23, 2022 5:51 pm Can't help you for m&m but maybe have a look at the HIGGINS in Australia..............quality piece's.

You after a BILLET SB2? https://scontent.fsyd1-1.fna.fbcdn.net/ ... e=621B9D03 these vare from Tremaniac Racing..... Australia

Hope this helps!
No,not looking for billet. Aussie stuff is nice but the extra$$$$$???? Thank you for the reply.
fabr
Expert
Expert

Post by fabr »

408 Nova wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 7:49 am
fabr wrote: Wed Feb 23, 2022 5:19 pm Last try. :D Has anyone have any personal experience with their SB2.2 heads. Any info on the castings that are used?
I don't have any personal experience with their castings, but I believe they are HIP'd Edelbrock castings. I think that's what their ad on Racing Junk says anyways.

When I first began building our sb2.2, I was strongly considering their head castings, but found some GM NASCAR takeoffs at a deal and used them. I can tell you that if I had it to do over, I would go with M&M because of all the money I spent on my used GM castings to get them up to speed.
I agree. I have 2 sets of good take offs and for drag racing they are just fine.For off road race type stuff though I thought I'd start out new. I know very little about M&M but have heard they have a lot of experience with the SB2.2 stuff.
bob460
Expert
Expert

Post by bob460 »

fabr wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 6:46 pm
bob460 wrote: Wed Feb 23, 2022 5:51 pm Can't help you for m&m but maybe have a look at the HIGGINS in Australia..............quality piece's.

Hope this helps!
No,not looking for billet. Aussie stuff is nice but the extra$$$$$???? Thank you for the reply.
If your in the USA the Aus $$ is to your advantage.........so $3,500 us is $5000 Aus and i think a bare set with intake is around $6,000 aus.....us $4,200.
fabr
Expert
Expert

Post by fabr »

I'll definitely check into it. I have heard/seen good things about Higgins. Not too sure if I want to buy overseas though if anything happened to go wrong.