What Happened to Edelbrock's new VRS-4150 Carburetor?

General engine tech -- Drag Racing to Circle Track

Moderator: Team

1980RS
Guru
Guru
What Happened to Edelbrock's new VRS-4150 Carburetor?

Post by 1980RS »

I have been waiting to see how much one of these new fancy Eddy 4150 carburetors is going to cost, so I clicked on their site and now it does not even show these new fangled carburetors anywhere on their site, Did they get sued by Holley? or like everything else these day will cost too much to market this.
Justa1time
HotPass
HotPass

Re: What Happened to Edelbrock's new VRS-4150 Carburetor?

Post by Justa1time »

I too am curious about this. . .
HQM383
HotPass
HotPass

Post by HQM383 »

Easier to convince a teenager they don’t need WiFi than find where to buy.

I went to their site and clicked on ‘New for 2022’. That sent me to CompCams where there was a list of new Edelbrock items. One was the VRS-4150 with a video and pdf. Went in loop from there to edelbrockgroup.com that sent me back to where I started at edelbrock.com. Used the search function and found this

https://www.edelbrock.com/vrs-4150-carburetors

Looks as though still not to market. Might be trying to get it down to 20 tunable bleeds per metering block :roll:
I’m a Street/Strip guy..... like to think outside the quadrilateral parallelogram.
Seanh832
Pro
Pro

Post by Seanh832 »

I've called Edlebrock 3 times this year inquiring about the VRS 4150 and they haven't been given a release date yet. Last I heard they were working on the calibration still.
Maintenance Machinist for Anheuser-Busch
ProPower engines
Guru
Guru

Post by ProPower engines »

If its like the rest of their carbs it will be lean lean lean or fat fat fat.
I was forced to use a 450 eddy carb for a small engine build and had to pay the big bucks for the metering rod and jet kit just to get it in the ball park for cruising and hyway use.
It will need a ton of work to tune it. A QF or Holley carb is most likely less costly and more tuning parts are available.

JMO
Real Race Cars Don't Have Doors
1980RS
Guru
Guru

Post by 1980RS »

Funny this comes up again. Last weekend I was at the big local car show and Edeljunk had their display booth there. In front of everyone standing around I asked "when's this going to be for sale" he replied "soon" I then asked is it's because you need to put more air bleed in it so the carb will run right? he was not amused by that. I walked away looked at my Son and said so he could hear me, "what a piece of junk" we both laughed as my Son called them Edeljunk. :lol:
Walter R. Malik
Guru
Guru

Post by Walter R. Malik »

Like almost everything else they attempt to introduce ... it will be around 2 years or more before it actually can be bought.
http://www.rmcompetition.com
Specialty engine building at its finest.
CamKing
Guru
Guru

Post by CamKing »

Vic Edelbrock Sr, and Jr, are both rolling over in their graves.
When they ran Edelbrock, rule #1 was, "never promote a new product, before you can sell it".
Jr had a business degree from USC, and knew that when you show the public a new shiny thing, they will want it right away, and if they can't get it right away, they will move on to the next shiny thing.
Mike Jones
Jones Cam Designs

Denver, NC
jonescams@bellsouth.net
http://www.jonescams.com
Jones Cam Designs' HotPass Vendors Forum: viewforum.php?f=44
(704)489-2449
GerryP

Post by GerryP »

CamKing wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 9:59 am ... "never promote a new product, before you can sell it".
Jr had a business degree from USC, and knew that when you show the public a new shiny thing, they will want it right away, and if they can't get it right away, they will move on to the next shiny thing.
It depends on timing. In strategic marketing, it is focused on the end result of customers for the product before the product hits the shelves. To do that with a purpose, a company would announce what it is they are developing, then talk about the development and product testing, then announce the product available for sale. A lot of tech companies use strategic marketing, and, like Edelbrock, they did it poorly. So poorly that a lot of advanced software was referred to as vaporware. Nobody would ever see it as it was always "in development". The problem with Edelbrock is with their marketing and PR teams. There were probably a bunch of guys in engineering and guys in the production end saying it will be a couple of birthdays before this is sorted out and ready for production. They got too far ahead of the product and in the end, tarnished their reputation and exasperated potential customers.
Truckedup
Guru
Guru

Post by Truckedup »

All the new performance carbs still look like a Holley from 1957.....
Motorcycle land speed racing... wearing animal hides and clinging to vibrating oily machines propelled by fire
CamKing
Guru
Guru

Post by CamKing »

GerryP wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 10:20 am
It depends on timing. In strategic marketing, it is focused on the end result of customers for the product before the product hits the shelves. To do that with a purpose, a company would announce what it is they are developing, then talk about the development and product testing, then announce the product available for sale. A lot of tech companies use strategic marketing, and, like Edelbrock, they did it poorly. So poorly that a lot of advanced software was referred to as vaporware. Nobody would ever see it as it was always "in development". The problem with Edelbrock is with their marketing and PR teams. There were probably a bunch of guys in engineering and guys in the production end saying it will be a couple of birthdays before this is sorted out and ready for production. They got too far ahead of the product and in the end, tarnished their reputation and exasperated potential customers.
"Strategic Marketing" sounds like a bad idea, with today's average consumer having a 10 second attention span.
Mike Jones
Jones Cam Designs

Denver, NC
jonescams@bellsouth.net
http://www.jonescams.com
Jones Cam Designs' HotPass Vendors Forum: viewforum.php?f=44
(704)489-2449
Walter R. Malik
Guru
Guru

Post by Walter R. Malik »

CamKing wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 9:59 am ... "never promote a new product, before you can sell it".
Edelbrock had a cylinder head on display at the last PRI show, out in front so everyone could see it. It was from last year and when I asked about buying a pair, they no longer had any intention of producing any more of them. After their representatives there made several inquiries to whoever back at their facility, I was told they were simply "showing-off" their CNC porting capability.
Weird thing is that those heads are "still" shown in the newest catalog.

For the past few years, their PR people are terrible and I will never believe any information they put-out.
http://www.rmcompetition.com
Specialty engine building at its finest.
1980RS
Guru
Guru

Post by 1980RS »

Walter R. Malik wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 11:00 am
Edelbrock had a cylinder head on display at the last PRI show, out in front so everyone could see it. It was from last year and when I asked about buying a pair, they no longer had any intention of producing any more of them. After their representatives there made several inquiries to whoever back at their facility, I was told they were simply "showing-off" their CNC porting capability.
Weird thing is that those heads are "still" shown in the newest catalog.

For the past few years, their PR people are terrible and I will never believe any information they put-out.
I think you are spot on about eddy showing off stuff so people go ooh and ahh like at the fireworks shows. None of their crap has impressed me much lately. Glad I buy it used because I would never pay what eddy asks for parts these days.
408swinger
HotPass
HotPass

Post by 408swinger »

CamKing wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 9:59 am Vic Edelbrock Sr, and Jr, are both rolling over in their graves.
When they ran Edelbrock, rule #1 was, "never promote a new product, before you can sell it".
Spot on ! Look at Acura and the Gen2 NSX .... it was 10 years from announcement to delivery . Buyers were tired of the car before it hit market .
Superb car but dismal sales once it hit . I sold 5 of them but it was a grind .
Actually Acura is the poster child of poor marketing . Do you remember the Legend ? Hey lets change the name of one of the most recognized models in the industry ....
Ron Miller
Pro
Pro

Post by Ron Miller »

Walter R. Malik wrote: Tue Jun 21, 2022 7:20 pm Like almost everything else they attempt to introduce ... it will be around 2 years or more before it actually can be bought.
Hey Walter, it's comming on the slow boat from china :oops:
Ron Miller