Pro systems carburetor

General engine tech -- Drag Racing to Circle Track

Moderator: Team

bob460
Expert
Expert

Re: Pro systems carburetor

Post by bob460 »

Just don't buy the SV1 carb for street duties...........buddy ran one and hated it....he calls the SV1 "poo systems" went to APD carb no issue's.
1980RS
Guru
Guru

Post by 1980RS »

Talking with a friend from the track at the car show last weekend and he has a Pro Systems Dominator on his BBC, works fantastic he told me and best money he ever spent on a carburetor.
maxracesoftware
Vendor

Post by maxracesoftware »

fordified wrote: Wed Apr 06, 2022 10:28 pm I've not had good luck with them. The two I tried were down on power. I prefer Book or Brasswell for competition carburetors.
partially same thing as you :
except we've had great experience with ProSystems Carb on the Dyno and Track + his Service
the only time we had some trouble was prototype SV1 Carb ... but eventually later designs made good gains

same thing as you :
we've made better gains with Brasswell and BLP Carbs above ProSystems
however, as far as $$$$ Price differences ... -VS- Brasswell and BLP Carbs
ProSystems made great HP ... great value per dollar
MaxRace Software
PipeMax and ET_Analyst for DragRacers
https://www.maxracesoftwares.com
fordified
Pro
Pro

Post by fordified »

maxracesoftware wrote: Thu Apr 07, 2022 6:39 pm
fordified wrote: Wed Apr 06, 2022 10:28 pm I've not had good luck with them. The two I tried were down on power. I prefer Book or Brasswell for competition carburetors.
partially same thing as you :
except we've had great experience with ProSystems Carb on the Dyno and Track + his Service
the only time we had some trouble was prototype SV1 Carb ... but eventually later designs made good gains

same thing as you :
we've made better gains with Brasswell and BLP Carbs above ProSystems
however, as far as $$$$ Price differences ... -VS- Brasswell and BLP Carbs
ProSystems made great HP ... great value per dollar
Couldn't agree more about the guy. Very good guy and great service. Had I stuck with him we may have gotten there. One carb was down about 12 and the other just wasn't working. 12 isn't horrible but why give it away?

I think his carbs are fine, they just didn't work out for me. I'm not trying to throw him under the bus. He was very nice and thanked me for choosing him as my builder.
jmarkaudio
Vendor

Post by jmarkaudio »

Arthur wrote: Wed Apr 06, 2022 8:58 pm
jmarkaudio wrote: Wed Apr 06, 2022 2:07 pm My suggestion for a budget carb contact ATM. Otherwise get something custom from a more reputable company.
Crossing plenty of lines here..
Being honest. I build carbs,and I have repaired a lot of those. I don't fault any company for their calibrations I may not agree with, as long as the components are at least decent quality and the assembly is good. I will happily give recommendations for several companies other than myself that build quality pieces. My living isn't dictated by building carburetors, not even significantly impacted by it, but I want to see the right choice made for others as I have bought my share of junk "supposed to be great" race parts over the years. So if I crossed lines so be it. Cheap junk parts thrown together very poorly is not what I wish on anyone. Kind of like the Speedmaster/Pro Comp parts. Sorry but I crossed another...
Mark Whitener
www.racingfuelsystems.com
____

Good work isn't cheap and cheap work can't be good.
Geoff2
Guru
Guru

Post by Geoff2 »

jmark.
Nice respectful post.
Arthur

Post by Arthur »

jmarkaudio wrote: Sat Apr 09, 2022 10:33 pm
jmarkaudio wrote: Wed Apr 06, 2022 2:07 pm My suggestion for a budget carb contact ATM. Otherwise get something custom from a more reputable company.
Being honest. I build carbs,and I have repaired a lot of those. I don't fault any company for their calibrations I may not agree with, as long as the components are at least decent quality and the assembly is good. I will happily give recommendations for several companies other than myself that build quality pieces. My living isn't dictated by building carburetors, not even significantly impacted by it, but I want to see the right choice made for others as I have bought my share of junk "supposed to be great" race parts over the years. So if I crossed lines so be it. Cheap junk parts thrown together very poorly is not what I wish on anyone. Kind of like the Speedmaster/Pro Comp parts. Sorry but I crossed another...
Sanctimonious diatribe
Washington awaits- dont cross the Potomac...
treyrags
Pro
Pro

Post by treyrags »

Arthur wrote: Sun Apr 10, 2022 5:13 am

Sanctimonious diatribe
This is your contribution to this forum? Do you know anything about Mark? Or you just looking to stir the pot? You are the reason many of the knowledgeable people that used to frequent this forum no longer do
af2
Guru
Guru

Post by af2 »

treyrags wrote: Sun Apr 10, 2022 8:36 am

Sanctimonious diatribe
This is your contribution to this forum? Do you know anything about Mark? Or you just looking to stir the pot? You are the reason many of the knowledgeable people that used to frequent this forum no longer do
I totally agree treyrags. I have an awesome 1050 I sent across the country to have Mark convert to Methanol. Got it back and bolted it on and never had to touch it except to clean after racing.
GURU is only a name.
Adam
BirdMan
Expert
Expert

Post by BirdMan »

I needed a new carb for son's 412W on a new build for drag racing. Sent specs on engine/answered all questions of him and he sent an Holley 1100 cfm Dominator carb w/3 systems air bleeds. 2 system would have been adequate as mid range made carb way too rich so I removed center air bleed. Jetted down 2 sizes and carb has been flawless for 8 years or so from footbraking at 2500 or leaving on tb at 5800, Instant Response, I mean instant with no lag or anything. Just Love it. I do install new N&S's every year to forestall flooding and ruining my day. That is all.
Dale C.
af2
Guru
Guru

Post by af2 »

Sanctimonious diatribe
One thing I have a hard time with is when posters post derelict crap that has not 1 thing related to the post but want in their mind people think they are the smartest when they have no input at all.
GURU is only a name.
Adam
mopardave

Post by mopardave »

I ran a ProSystems once. It did run good, but needed some tuning as most carbs do. Patrick was good to me til after the 3rd phone call. Then not so nice. I now use ThumperCarbs. Super clean billet main bodies and go faster. The difference in a ProSystems carb and a ThumperCarb is, super clean and you WILL go faster. You will get a handful of jets and airbleeds with the carb. They are tuned very close, but you will have the jets to dial it in. All BLP parts used and Dom will answer the phone every time you call if you need to and you WILL go faster with a ThumperCarb by Dom. Check him out on facebook. Guy knows his carbs. 760-900-3895
289nate
Expert
Expert

Post by 289nate »

I used pro system for my last carburetor. The first one he sent was completely wrong and he was not there to answer the phone or return messages during my dyno session. I did get in touch with him afterwards and he sent me a different carburetor at no charge. That one performed well for the money in my opinion. This was over 10 years ago. At the time I felt like I got a good carburetor for the money. However, on my upcoming build I will be reaching a little deeper in my pocket and going with someone else.
wilson1970

Post by wilson1970 »

Installed new Pro Systems 4150 today. Car idles better, has better response and pulls harder in the mid range than it did with the old 4779 carb. Very impressed with driveablity.
mopardave

Post by mopardave »

Dom fixes some of Patricks stuff. Dom builds all his carbs himself, no one else is involve. Billet main bodies and thin shafts and blades. A tipical 650 flows over 700cfm. A 750 flows over 800+cfm. Try one of Doms beautiful carbs and you will never go back to Patrick. I use a pair of his 650's on a t ram. Better than fuel injection. Cold, one squirt and fires immediately. Cruises like a finely tuned 600 vac holley. No bogs or stumbles, very responsive. Love these carbs and never using anyone else.
IMG_0959.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.