Cartridge roll’s

General engine tech -- Drag Racing to Circle Track

Moderator: Team

1980RS
Guru
Guru
Re: Cartridge roll’s

Post by 1980RS »

Here is the name of the place I get mine from and I have had 0 problems with the rolls coming apart plus they last much longer also. A guy I know that ports heads professionally turned me on to them.

Phoenix Abrasives, good prices and quality products.

https://www.phoenixabrasives.com/
BirdMan
Expert
Expert

Post by BirdMan »

Years ago like in late 1980's I bought a Bunch of boxes, different grits, diameters all for the 1/8" mandrel. They were/are Merit Epoxy glue and never unroll. I also bought different size, etc of flap rolls and everything has been great.
Dale C.
skinny z
HotPass
HotPass

Post by skinny z »

While everyone with the expertise is here, I've a quick question regarding what cartridge roll to use.
I've a cast iron head (RHS SBC) and there are some very abrupt edges in the chamber from some previous work. Mostly from a cutter that was used to take a few cc's from around the valves.
What grit of roll would work best for this? What would the range of RPM be for the tooling that I'd be using as well.
Thanks in advance.

Chamber 1.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Kevin
KnightEngines
Guru
Guru

Post by KnightEngines »

skinny z wrote: Wed Apr 27, 2022 11:10 pm While everyone with the expertise is here, I've a quick question regarding what cartridge roll to use.
I've a cast iron head (RHS SBC) and there are some very abrupt edges in the chamber from some previous work. Mostly from a cutter that was used to take a few cc's from around the valves.
What grit of roll would work best for this? What would the range of RPM be for the tooling that I'd be using as well.
Thanks in advance.

Chamber 1.jpg
I'd blend that with an egg shape burr 1st & then sand with 60grit.
Lower speed for sanding.
BOOT
Guru
Guru

Post by BOOT »

skinny z wrote: Wed Apr 27, 2022 11:10 pm While everyone with the expertise is here, I've a quick question regarding what cartridge roll to use.
Thanks in advance.
Since it's cast iron I'd use stones that you can get from Mcmaster Carr, can see what I'm talking bout in my vortec vid https://youtu.be/EeTmlY9Kjfw
Channel About My diy Projects & Reviews https://www.youtube.com/c/BOOTdiy

I know as much as I can learn and try to keep an open mind to anything!

If I didn't overthink stuff I wouldn't be on speedtalk!
rebelrouser
Guru
Guru

Post by rebelrouser »

Thanks in advance.

Chamber 1.jpg
I have some 1/8 carbides, and sanding rolls I use with an air powered Dremel, use some junk valves to protect the seat . I find a little cutting oil helps keep better control in fine areas.