Late Model SBC Step Nose Core

General engine tech -- Drag Racing to Circle Track

Moderator: Team

Elroy
Pro
Pro
Late Model SBC Step Nose Core

Post by Elroy »

Anyone know of any manufacturer that has some, suitable for .380ish lobe lift 112-114 LSA any material?
ProPower engines
Guru
Guru

Re: Late Model SBC Step Nose Core

Post by ProPower engines »

That style of core seems to be in short supply at present. You can order them through you cam grinder depending on which one your using. Are you wanting an 8620 billet with a fuel pump lobe?? I think thats all they will come in these days.

Since my guess this is a roller of some kind but you can also try Mike Jones here on the board as Jones cam Design he may have something.
Also in the past i have called the guys at LSM 248 673 6625 for some custom mopar stuff if you know the spec's you want they are in Michigan.
Isky may also have a suitable cam option as well. Chat with Nolan he may be able to help.
Real Race Cars Don't Have Doors
Elroy
Pro
Pro

Post by Elroy »

Yes. Street hyd roller. SADI would even be fine. Some have billets but none available for that much lobe lift. Thanks
ProPower engines
Guru
Guru

Post by ProPower engines »

Yes those sadi cores are pretty much extinct now and not much for anything these days or for that matter even going back a few years pre-covid era but the billet cores were found to be much more durable regardless. =D> =D>

Yeah I found an old sadi roller for a BBC engine in the back shop still on the shelf thats been there for about 15 years now and a solid roller at that something a customer left here.

What about changing the rocker ratio to gain the extra lift you want?? a 1.7 or 1.8 ratio will get the lift up quickly. =D>
Real Race Cars Don't Have Doors