General engine tech -- Drag Racing to Circle Track

Moderator: Team

ProPower engines
Guru
Guru

Sever Duty Wrist Pin Manufactures

Post by ProPower engines »

Hey Guys,
I am looking for some info on custom or specialty HP wrist pin manufactures in the USA.
I had a set lost by a courier and it takes 30 days for them to launch an investigation into their where abouts. WTF right!!!
So my main issue is a set of custom pistons that are half finished because we needed to DLC coated pins to complete the order.
Now these are .826" diameter pins that were sent out to be DLC coated for non bushed Carrillo rods that were special ordered are lost forever and its now a 17 week wait just for the pins from Trend as of this morning plus the unknown wait time for DLC coating.

So that said I am looking for suggestions on pin manufactures other then Trend performance OR Precision Performance Parts Center ( PPPC ) to get a couple sets of wrist pins.
These are for a couple of MOPAR builds I am trying to get finished off one is a 4.030 bore 6.250 rod Magnum block deal and the other is an R3 block with a 4.200 bore both use a 4.180 stroke but the R3 build may use a 6.300 rod length because it has some extra deck height over the magnum block so in order to get a decent rink pak the small pin is needed with the length or rod used.

So if anyone can help with suggestions on where or who is making wrist pins currently suitable for this application other then those mentioned above I will be eternally grateful for the help.

Thanks for your thoughts and suggestions

Dave.
Real Race Cars Don't Have Doors
David Redszus
Guru
Guru

Re: Sever Duty Wrist Pin Manufactures

Post by David Redszus »

So if anyone can help with suggestions on where or who is making wrist pins currently suitable for this application other then those mentioned above I will be eternally grateful for the help.
You might try the worlds largest wrist pin manufacturer:
Burgess Norton Inc
630 232-4100
ProPower engines
Guru
Guru

Post by ProPower engines »

Thanks David
I emailed them and waiting for a response.
Real Race Cars Don't Have Doors
Mark O'Neal
Guru
Guru

Post by Mark O'Neal »

Trend is pretty much it.
Warp Speed
Guru
Guru

Post by Warp Speed »

ProPower engines wrote: Wed May 18, 2022 10:18 am Hey Guys,
I am looking for some info on custom or specialty HP wrist pin manufactures in the USA.
I had a set lost by a courier and it takes 30 days for them to launch an investigation into their where abouts. WTF right!!!
So my main issue is a set of custom pistons that are half finished because we needed to DLC coated pins to complete the order.
Now these are .826" diameter pins that were sent out to be DLC coated for non bushed Carrillo rods that were special ordered are lost forever and its now a 17 week wait just for the pins from Trend as of this morning plus the unknown wait time for DLC coating.

So that said I am looking for suggestions on pin manufactures other then Trend performance OR Precision Performance Parts Center ( PPPC ) to get a couple sets of wrist pins.
These are for a couple of MOPAR builds I am trying to get finished off one is a 4.030 bore 6.250 rod Magnum block deal and the other is an R3 block with a 4.200 bore both use a 4.180 stroke but the R3 build may use a 6.300 rod length because it has some extra deck height over the magnum block so in order to get a decent rink pak the small pin is needed with the length or rod used.

Dave.
What is the pin length needed?
Charliesauto
Pro
Pro

Post by Charliesauto »

ProPower engines wrote: Wed May 18, 2022 10:18 am Hey Guys,

Dave.
Precision Products, Arden, NC. 1-800-421-9150