Gm Fast Burn vs Ebay 200 Dart Pro 1 Copy

General engine tech -- Drag Racing to Circle Track

Moderator: Team

Zing

Re: Gm Fast Burn vs Ebay 200 Dart Pro 1 Copy

Post by Zing »

Thanks Steve yes for sure, I noticed he liked playing with the Vortec port shape side of things, that’s why I originally targeted him.
I hope all is well with Randy331 ✌️
skinny z
HotPass
HotPass

Post by skinny z »

Zing wrote: Tue Jun 14, 2022 5:17 pm Thanks for the advice fellas, yes I follow Weigartner Racing on YouTube, I’ve watched his videos on the KMJ Assault heads he does for his sisters car. Yes very easy and good flow numbers.
Eric seems a good guy and his videos are very informative.
I was sort of hoping there may have been a chance for the GM Fast Burn heads with similar mods, not the bigger valve but the rest etc.
Looks like I may have to pass on the Gm Fast Burn head deal, and purchase some Ebay Dart copies.
I previously sent a message to Randy331 asking his advice before I posted this post, as I have seen he has modded a few sets, and was hoping for his advice?
It’s a shame to pass up USA cast genuine Gm products, for Ebay China generics simply not from a price point of view, but the performance is just not there 😞😞
You know Zing, it would appear that any work done on the GM heads, perhaps because they are still actively used in the racing circles here (USA rather than Canada that is) that the relevant mods remain under wraps. Maybe yes, maybe no?
But, Weingartner has some solid results with Dart copies and he addresses what might be the problems with an offshore (aka Chinese) casting. There might be something in that for you.
Best of luck and I'll be interested in your progress. Please post up on where you end up.
Kevin
steve cowan
Guru
Guru

Post by steve cowan »

Zing wrote: Tue Jun 14, 2022 5:44 pm Thanks Steve yes for sure, I noticed he liked playing with the Vortec port shape side of things, that’s why I originally targeted him.
I hope all is well with Randy331 ✌️
I talked to him a while ago,he is wrapped up in restricted 2 barrel dirt engines at the moment .
steve c
"Pretty don't make power"
1980RS
Guru
Guru

Post by 1980RS »

Tom68 wrote: Tue Jun 14, 2022 1:21 am Certainly lifted that exhaust port. :shock:

GM made 425@5400 with a dual plane, 770 Holley Vac (wonder if they fully opened ?) and a 222 230 112 hyd roller on a 383.

20220614_151846.jpg
I bet with the 770 Holley fixed right it would have made more than 450hp :mrgreen:
DeezNutz

Post by DeezNutz »

I have a set of unported Fastburns, they were on an engine in a Nova that I bought. Engine is apart and they will go on the flowbench pretty soon to see where they are at, then they will get ported... will see how they turn out. I have the Randy 331 thread saved. Would have been nice to see the port mold he created, that would have been a big help.
Zing

Post by Zing »

Definitely mate not much info on porting them.
I’ve just made the decision I’m going with the Ebay Dart1 Platinum copy’s
Way more info and I know I can make them work for my application ✌️
Zing

Post by Zing »

Well how things change in 25 minutes 😳😳
I’ve just bought both styles of cylinder heads and I’m going to the flow bench to back to back test them.
I’m intrigued by the Fast burn for some reason.
One pair of heads will be back on the market?
The bench will tell 💪
Gm Fast Burn vs Ebay Dart Copy
Ding ding round 1
Which head will survive the flow bench cull?
steve cowan
Guru
Guru

Post by steve cowan »

Zing wrote: Wed Jun 15, 2022 12:18 am Well how things change in 25 minutes 😳😳
I’ve just bought both styles of cylinder heads and I’m going to the flow bench to back to back test them.
I’m intrigued by the Fast burn for some reason.
One pair of heads will be back on the market?
The bench will tell 💪
Gm Fast Burn vs Ebay Dart Copy
Ding ding round 1
Which head will survive the flow bench cull?
Matt,
If you decide to sell fastburn heads let me know and I would like to buy them from you.
I am not far from you
steve c
Zing

Post by Zing »

No worries Steve I will stay in touch.
You ever seen a set?
steve cowan
Guru
Guru

Post by steve cowan »

Zing wrote: Wed Jun 15, 2022 6:13 am No worries Steve I will stay in touch.
You ever seen a set?
No I have not,always wanted a set after seeing what Randy did.
He done 2 sets,the second set he made the the throat the minimum cross sectional area instead of the pushrod pinch.
Basically what happens is if you make everything bigger it pushes peaks higher in the rpm range.
Those heads to buy here are pretty expensive so that was another issue as well.
I have half dozen sets of Dart heads and a pair of TFS camel back alloys so I should not buy any more heads but I like the vortec architecture but never worked on a vortec head hence me having no relative information for you .
steve c
Zing

Post by Zing »

What heads do you have you want to swap the fast burns for 🤔
I like the Vortec deal on heads the factory 062 906 are an awesome factory head for performance considering, I’ve played with those.
It’ll be interesting to have a look at a pair of Fast burns in the flesh as I think they should be a 062/906 on steroids hopefully 🙏
Do you have any links to Randy331 work on these Gm heads?
What suburb are you around Brissy?
The Iron Icon

Post by The Iron Icon »

have had some of the ebay heads come thru but they were for ford. I did not flow them but i know they were a dart copy and seemed to hear from an old contact that they flowed roughly the same ( 260ish at .600?). Id wager the sbc ebay heads are not much different from there dart equivalent . Now what I can tell you about the heads I saw recently 1. Quality was not a concern for manufacture , seats were not properly installed, one or two had trash where seat should register. 2. more casting flash then i would care to see. 3. valve sizes were off........so at the end of the day your looking minimum seats redone and a light clean up of chamber and ports. but you might end up with something nice afterwards. I know guy who brought heads in payed under 200 a head bare, think he came out good on it but your mileage may vary.
steve cowan
Guru
Guru

Post by steve cowan »

Zing wrote: Wed Jun 15, 2022 8:05 am What heads do you have you want to swap the fast burns for 🤔
I like the Vortec deal on heads the factory 062 906 are an awesome factory head for performance considering, I’ve played with those.
It’ll be interesting to have a look at a pair of Fast burns in the flesh as I think they should be a 062/906 on steroids hopefully 🙏
Do you have any links to Randy331 work on these Gm heads?
What suburb are you around Brissy?
I am at BURPENGARY so not far from you.
I don't really want to swap or sell anything as parts are hard to get lol.
steve c
Bob Hollinshead
Guru
Guru

Post by Bob Hollinshead »

Steve, if you play with the fast burn heads can you post up some info on them?
Pro question poster.
steve cowan
Guru
Guru

Post by steve cowan »

Bob Hollinshead wrote: Wed Jun 15, 2022 8:33 pm Steve, if you play with the fast burn heads can you post up some info on them?
Gotta get them first 8)
steve c