Methanol jetting.

General engine tech -- Drag Racing to Circle Track

Moderator: Team

Retroboy

Methanol jetting.

Post by Retroboy »

Hi.
Years ago I had a factory methanol 750 Holley. The jetting as it came was in the low 90's with power valves.

I just bought a BLP 750 methanol carb from a speedway guy that has 144's front and rear and still has powervalves.

Looking for so ideas from actual carb/methanol users for base line jetting. 366 CI, very light car, 500 -550 hp

Thanks
tuffxf
Pro
Pro

Re: Methanol jetting.

Post by tuffxf »

Gday,
Lot of different ways some of those carbs were set up
Your best bet is to ring up blp, there will be ID numbers on the main body and metering blocks,
If you have some pin gauge’s measure and map out the carb, that will let blp know whether it is as it left the place or it has been tampered with.
A 750 meth carb for a sbc depending on bleed and emulsion will be somewhere around the .154” mark with no power valves, depending
Cheers
Retroboy

Post by Retroboy »

tuffxf wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 6:35 am Gday,
Lot of different ways some of those carbs were set up
Your best bet is to ring up blp, there will be ID numbers on the main body and metering blocks,
If you have some pin gauge’s measure and map out the carb, that will let blp know whether it is as it left the place or it has been tampered with.
A 750 meth carb for a sbc depending on bleed and emulsion will be somewhere around the .154” mark with no power valves, depending
Cheers
Thanks Mate. I did contact BLP and know what it is and a ruff idea on age and factory jetting was no where near this so I can only assume the high speed air bleeds have been changed.
Your suggestion of .154" with no power valves is ballpark where Iam with the PV's now.
I had a look at current specs for Alcohol 750 Holley and QF today and they are at .144" with PV. I have methanol and Fuel Injection experience so given the wider window Meth has I guess I should just run it and see.
Happy ish now thinking I'm in the ball park to start
Cheers
1972ho
Guru
Guru

Post by 1972ho »