Crower Solid Roller lifters questions

General engine tech -- Drag Racing to Circle Track

Moderator: Team

Bob Hollinshead
Guru
Guru
Crower Solid Roller lifters questions

Post by Bob Hollinshead »

I have a set of full body Crower solid rollers for a SBC and two of the axles are wandering. Has anybody seen this and is there a fix? Does Crower offer a rebuild service? They don't have a lot of run time, I haven't measured clearances yet but rollers and bearings feel good.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Pro question poster.
Alaskaracer
Expert
Expert

Re: Crower Solid Roller lifters questions

Post by Alaskaracer »

They do. I send mine in every refresh.....I have two sets, one ready to go and one in the engine....I'll be sending both back this year to have them gone though, I bought a new set last time I had an issue and didn't send them in yet....Reasonble price too, about $250 if I remember correctly
Mark Goulette
Owner/Driver of the Livin' The Dream rear engine dragster
Speed kills but it's better than going slow!
http://www.livinthedreamracing.com
Authorized Amsoil Retailer
bob460
Expert
Expert

Post by bob460 »

Bob Hollinshead wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 11:05 pm I have a set of full body Crower solid rollers for a SBC and two of the axles are wandering. Has anybody seen this and is there a fix? Does Crower offer a rebuild service? They don't have a lot of run time, I haven't measured clearances yet but rollers and bearings feel good.
How old are the lifters?.......never seen the "CROWER" on the tie bar like that, normally they are laser etched so must be some older style lifter.

Best to just ring Crower........because they don't reply to email's. #-o
Bob Hollinshead
Guru
Guru

Post by Bob Hollinshead »

[/quote]
How old are the lifters?.......never seen the "CROWER" on the tie bar like that, normally they are laser etched so must be some older style lifter.

Best to just ring Crower........because they don't reply to email's. #-o
[/quote]

Not sure when they were made. I'll give Crower a call and see about sending them in for the rebuild. Thanks
Pro question poster.