Site issues

General engine tech -- Drag Racing to Circle Track

Moderator: Team

mag2555
Guru
Guru
Location: Heading for a bang up with Andromeda as we all are.

Site issues

Post by mag2555 »

What is wrong with this site lately?
If it takes me more then 5 minutes to type a reply it boots me off and I don’t know about until I go to post it and then my reply is lost!
You can cut a man's tongue from his mouth, but that does not mean he’s a liar, it just shows that you fear the truth he might speak about you!
Walter R. Malik
Guru
Guru

Re: Site issues

Post by Walter R. Malik »

mag2555 wrote: Sun Jul 03, 2022 8:56 am What is wrong with this site lately?
If it takes me more then 5 minutes to type a reply it boots me off and I don’t know about until I go to post it and then my reply is lost!
LATELY ???
Not very often but, this has been happening since the beginning of this site.

I think it happens when the site is full with people browsing it..
Sometimes we even can't get on it because of this.
http://www.rmcompetition.com
Specialty engine building at its finest.
GARY C
HotPass
HotPass

Post by GARY C »

Walter R. Malik wrote: Sun Jul 03, 2022 10:36 am
LATELY ???
Not very often but, this has been happening since the beginning of this site.

I think it happens when the site is full with people browsing it..
Sometimes we even can't get on it because of this.
I have had similar issues where I am logged on and go to a different thread and then have to log back on.
Please Note!
THE ABOVE POST IN NO WAY REFLECTS THE VIEWS OF SPEED TALK OR IT'S MEMBERS AND SHOULD BE VIEWED AS ENTERTAINMENT ONLY...Thanks, The Management!
ijames
Expert
Expert

Post by ijames »

If you want insurance, after you finish composing but before you click "submit" type a Ctrl-A to select your entire message, and then type Ctrl-C to copy it. Then hit submit and if it works correctly you're done. Otherwise log back in and go back to that thread and start another reply but this time just hit Ctrl-V to paste your message back in and then hit "submit". If you're like me and can't be bothered to remember most shortcuts like Ctrl-C just do a right mouse click and on the drop-down menu you can access Select All, Copy, and Paste :-).
Carl Ijames, chemist not engine builder
carl ddott ijames aatt verizon ddott net
BCjohnny
Guru
Guru

Post by BCjohnny »

Either copy and paste it before you post, or write it out on Libre/Office/Word and copy and paste that if it's a long tome

Saves the temptation to chuck the whole lot outta the window when it gives you the finger ......... #-o

Personally I'm more concerned about the interminable delays in loading pages, which is getting worse .......
mag2555
Guru
Guru

Post by mag2555 »

Don’t have those options when posting from a phone.
You can cut a man's tongue from his mouth, but that does not mean he’s a liar, it just shows that you fear the truth he might speak about you!
BillK
Guru
Guru

Post by BillK »

I just want to comment that I have not had any of those issues in a long time. I wonder if it has something to do with your internet provider ? Also I have never tried posting from my phone so I don't know if that might be an issue.
Bill Koustenis
Advanced Automotive Machine
Waldorf Md

www.enginerepairshop.com
1980RS
Guru
Guru

Post by 1980RS »

I have not had any trouble with the site. Try a different browser, maybe the scripts are not working right.
mag2555
Guru
Guru

Post by mag2555 »

It just did it to me again!

The site let me post one long reply and then I switched to another post to make a very short reply and it kicked me off.
This all makes no sense and it can’t be because I am using my phone since I am on many sites and I am a moderator on one site and on no other site do I get kicked off!
CamKing
Guru
Guru

Post by CamKing »

This is strange, because it only happens with a few people, and I don't know why.
I have never had an issue, in all the years I've been posting. Not when it was on the old server, and not now, on the new server.
Most people have zero issues, but for the few, it's a pain in the arse.
Mike Jones
Jones Cam Designs

Denver, NC
jonescams@bellsouth.net
http://www.jonescams.com
Jones Cam Designs' HotPass Vendors Forum: viewforum.php?f=44
(704)489-2449
BCjohnny
Guru
Guru

Post by BCjohnny »

1980RS wrote:Try a different browser, maybe the scripts are not working right
Yeah ...... first thing I tried ...... no discernible difference between FF, Brave or even the other one I installed specifically to try to cure the 'problem'

For me I doubt it's a browser thing, simply doesn't happen anywhere else that I've noticed ....... just learned to live with it to be fair
Chris_Hamilton
Pro
Pro

Post by Chris_Hamilton »

How about the folks having issues list what web browser and OS you are using? Maybe we can find some commonality.
High quality metal, body and paint work
http://www.spiuserforum.com/index.php?t ... inia.9030/
FuelieNova
HotPass
HotPass

Post by FuelieNova »

So with me, usually it worked good on a windows computer but was slow periodicaly.
On any of my Mac computers it was terrible with symptoms above.
However...
Once I installed a VPN (Express VPN) on my computers it works great no matter which one I use. Haven't had a problem for the last 3 months.
I wonder if its a security issue for some people.
Im not a computer nerd.
Tom
Roundybout
Pro
Pro

Post by Roundybout »

I view the site solely on an iPhone using Safari. For example, when I clicked on “reply” it timed out. That happens more often than not when I click on a forum subject. If I click it a few times I’ll get to where I’m going.

It seems to be either an authentication issue or a DNS issue on my end. Recently tried the home computer running windows, wifes android and sons iPhone and no issues whatsoever using those. I clear my cache when it starts getting really bad and that helps immensely for a few days. For whatever reason it never keeps me signed in to the advanced forum. I have to sign in each time even when I hit remember me. That’s each time I click on a forum subject in advanced. I have to re sign in.

It’s annoying but the site is worth the aggravation. My feeling is this is happening to people with issues in their end or ISP.
1980RS
Guru
Guru

Post by 1980RS »

I am using Avast browser with 2 ad blockers, not one bit of trouble.