? (older) Crane Radi-Arc rockers

General engine tech -- Drag Racing to Circle Track

Moderator: Team

rebelyell
Expert
Expert

? (older) Crane Radi-Arc rockers

Post by rebelyell »

Does anyone have direct experience with Crane "Radi-Arc" series of rocker arms. Stud mounted for sbc. Much like a Gold Race ... But Without roller tip. Has a steel slider instead of a roller. Seems they weren't offered for long. Guessing they were introduced early 2000's.

? Direct Experience ?
rebelyell
Expert
Expert

Re: ? (older) Crane Radi-Arc rockers

Post by rebelyell »

? anyone have any crane radi-arc info ?
Tom68
HotPass
HotPass

Post by Tom68 »

Remember the ads for them, just copied the LS offerings but for SBC's in an aluminium body as far as I could tell.

Sorta like stabbing yourself in the back after years of telling people you had to run a roller tip.
Ignorance leads to confidence more often than knowledge does.
Nah, I'm not leaving myself out of the ignorant brigade....at times.
juuhanaa
HotPass
HotPass

Post by juuhanaa »

No, stabbing yourself in the back is, when professional car guy go to car forum to answer questions about confidential tech stuff, so it depends :D

Thank God no one asks about mil aviation, so i dont have to ignore or tell them unfortunately can't answer that #-o

anyone have any crane radi-arc info?

-juhana
A balanced person dares to stagger, and modify ports bigger
1980RS
Guru
Guru

Post by 1980RS »

Those must have been real short lived just like the Edelbrock Mid-lift rocker arms for SBC. Had a set and they never did work very well, after testing I could see why.
novadude
Guru
Guru

Post by novadude »

Tom68 wrote: Sun Jul 10, 2022 3:32 am Remember the ads for them, just copied the LS offerings but for SBC's in an aluminium body as far as I could tell.

Sorta like stabbing yourself in the back after years of telling people you had to run a roller tip.
Sounds like a better idea to me, as it eliminates weight of the roller tip, and I'm not convinced roller tips actually do anything for you anyway. Definitely sounds better than the pivot ball, roller tip rockers that many seem to sell.

Sorry... I know the OP wanted people that had experience with these, so I am getting a bit off topic. I wonder why more companies haven't jumped on this concept? Cheaper to produce, and possible to put a nice large radius on that pad vs a small roller wheel.
Tom68
HotPass
HotPass

Post by Tom68 »

20220714_092655.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Ignorance leads to confidence more often than knowledge does.
Nah, I'm not leaving myself out of the ignorant brigade....at times.
1980RS
Guru
Guru

Post by 1980RS »

novadude wrote: Wed Jul 13, 2022 2:14 pm
Tom68 wrote: Sun Jul 10, 2022 3:32 am Remember the ads for them, just copied the LS offerings but for SBC's in an aluminium body as far as I could tell.

Sounds like a better idea to me, as it eliminates weight of the roller tip, and I'm not convinced roller tips actually do anything for you anyway. Definitely sounds better than the pivot ball, roller tip rockers that many seem to sell.

Sorry... I know the OP wanted people that had experience with these, so I am getting a bit off topic. I wonder why more companies haven't jumped on this concept? Cheaper to produce, and possible to put a nice large radius on that pad vs a small roller wheel.
I once has an old circle track racer who ran stock nitro carb rockers over the roller rockers everyone else raced with. He told me to take the amount of weight on the tip of the rocker with those heavy roller tips and multiply it by running 7K and see how much extra weight there is. He also stated he could run more RPM then the other guys with the lighter rockers. The idea sure worked good on my Vortec 406, can pull it to 7K if I like, not a lot of power up there with the cam I have but I can do pull it to 7 if I want to.