Exhaust question Wth is this?

General engine tech -- Drag Racing to Circle Track

Moderator: Team

chevyfreak
Pro
Pro

Exhaust question Wth is this?

Post by chevyfreak »

So, scrolling thru some images on the net, always looking with exhaust type stuff, just one of my fascinations with engines, i found something weird, what would be the purpose of doing this. No other info on this just the picture.

Chevyfreak.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Bowtie for life
1972ho
Guru
Guru
Re: Exhaust question Wth is this?

Post by 1972ho »

Yep that’s weird alright
GerryP

Post by GerryP »

That is what makes the high speed ignition retard work properly.
mag2555
Guru
Guru
Location: Heading for a bang up with Andromeda as we all are.

Post by mag2555 »

That’s called practicing your pipe bending and welding techniques.
You can cut a man's tongue from his mouth, but that does not mean he’s a liar, it just shows that you fear the truth he might speak about you!
stealth
Guru
Guru

Post by stealth »

"S" pipe....

sorta' like H pipe and X pipe... :D
1980RS
Guru
Guru

Post by 1980RS »

GerryP wrote: Thu Jul 21, 2022 2:10 pm That is what makes the high speed ignition retard work properly.
:lol:
3B

Post by 3B »

With certain type of straight through mufflers you can make a quiet and droneless high flow street exhaust by adding a short 1-2-1 pipe section in the mid pipe before the mufflers. It doesn't have to be that artistic though...
Schurkey
HotPass
HotPass

Post by Schurkey »

chevyfreak wrote: Thu Jul 21, 2022 11:15 am what would be the purpose of doing this.
Making the competition waste time, money, effort, and enthusiasm trying to reverse-engineer the thing, when they'd be better-off dealing with their own combination rather than monkey-see-monkey-do with your stuff.
chevyfreak
Pro
Pro

Post by chevyfreak »

Schurkey wrote: Thu Jul 21, 2022 6:39 pm Making the competition waste time, money, effort, and enthusiasm trying to reverse-engineer the thing, when they'd be better-off dealing with their own combination rather than monkey-see-monkey-do with your stuff.
I'm not in competition with anyone, nor challenged anyone on this forum.
I asked a question, to find an answer, I never said i'm gonna do it, i asked a question.
Sorry if you feel it's a waste of your time and effort, you are not forced to answer every topic. If you decide to read it and went on to another topic it's minimal of your time and effort and gives you more time for your own stuff.
You decided to use more of your time and effort to give a reply.

Chevyfreak.
Bowtie for life
Super_Stock

Post by Super_Stock »

Acid.. or Ludes...
mag2555
Guru
Guru
Location: Heading for a bang up with Andromeda as we all are.

Post by mag2555 »

These government sponsored vaccines have been shown to change humans at the DNA level, maybe where now seeing the effects of what they can do to the Brain with looking at examples like this?

Remember the drug manufacturers producing these have been given immunity from any side effects humans might encounter!
You can cut a man's tongue from his mouth, but that does not mean he’s a liar, it just shows that you fear the truth he might speak about you!
forphorty

Post by forphorty »

chevyfreak wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 2:47 am
Schurkey wrote: Thu Jul 21, 2022 6:39 pm Making the competition waste time, money, effort, and enthusiasm trying to reverse-engineer the thing, when they'd be better-off dealing with their own combination rather than monkey-see-monkey-do with your stuff.
I asked a question, to find an answer, I never said i'm gonna do it, i asked a question.
Sorry if you feel it's a waste of your time and effort, you are not forced to answer every topic. If you decide to read it and went on to another topic it's minimal of your time and effort and gives you more time for your own stuff.

Chevyfreak.
Methinks you may have misinterpreted Schurkeys response to your question. :D
Walter R. Malik
Guru
Guru

Post by Walter R. Malik »

chevyfreak wrote: Thu Jul 21, 2022 11:15 am So, scrolling thru some images on the net, always looking with exhaust type stuff, just one of my fascinations with engines, i found something weird, what would be the purpose of doing this. No other info on this just the picture.

Chevyfreak.
IF one side is longer than the other or slightly different in diameter, it could be about noise frequency control of some kind.

That is the only thing I can figure.
http://www.rmcompetition.com
Specialty engine building at its finest.
lefty o
Guru
Guru

Post by lefty o »

that complements the "tornado" device he also likely put on top of the carb airhorn!! :lol:
chevyfreak
Pro
Pro

Post by chevyfreak »

forphorty wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 9:49 pm
chevyfreak wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 2:47 am

Chevyfreak.
Methinks you may have misinterpreted Schurkeys response to your question. :D
You could be right there. Had a bad week sofar, and most probably read it in one direction and not possible the other.
I do appologise if i misread it, think its time for a long drive down the country roads.

Chevyfreak
Bowtie for life