General engine tech -- Drag Racing to Circle Track

Moderator: Team

chevyfreak
Pro
Pro

Re: Exhaust question Wth is this?

Post by chevyfreak »

Walter R. Malik wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 9:58 pm
IF one side is longer than the other or slightly different in diameter, it could be about noise frequency control of some kind.

That is the only thing I can figure.
Same as what 3B said, i can only think it was done as experimenting or so that it can be said its their (brand name) design. Or maybe the only left overs was some bends.

Anyway, thanks for al that answered, the funny type, serious type and the different type that i possible misread the responce.

Chevy freak.
Bowtie for life
ELS
Pro
Pro

Post by ELS »

did someone use that exhaust section as a driveshaft? :D
mag2555
Guru
Guru
Location: Heading for a bang up with Andromeda as we all are.

Post by mag2555 »

Might this look familiar?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
You can cut a man's tongue from his mouth, but that does not mean he’s a liar, it just shows that you fear the truth he might speak about you!
malibuguy79

Post by malibuguy79 »

I believe its to adjust exhaust resonate frequency when in a cylinder deactivation mode. Ive seen it before I want to say that was the premise. It has been a while however.
dannobee
Expert
Expert

Post by dannobee »

One thing's for sure, if you put that thing on your circle track car and won, by the next weekend, every other competitor would have their version of it on their exhaust.
Curtis Mc

Post by Curtis Mc »

chevyfreak wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 2:47 am
Schurkey wrote: Thu Jul 21, 2022 6:39 pm Making the competition waste time, money, effort, and enthusiasm trying to reverse-engineer the thing, when they'd be better-off dealing with their own combination rather than monkey-see-monkey-do with your stuff.
I'm not in competition with anyone, nor challenged anyone on this forum.
I asked a question, to find an answer, I never said i'm gonna do it, i asked a question.
Sorry if you feel it's a waste of your time and effort, you are not forced to answer every topic. If you decide to read it and went on to another topic it's minimal of your time and effort and gives you more time for your own stuff.
You decided to use more of your time and effort to give a reply.

Chevyfreak.
Hey Chevyfreak, I think you missed his point. This would be an old "racer" trick, that I am sure you have run across in the past where a racer/team tried something, found it didn't work, and it didn't hurt either, which when another team sees it, has them scrambling to replicate it thinking there was some advantage to it. Vizard has shared these stories, and I have heard some similar stories off the record many years ago. I don't think that comment was towards you.
F120

Post by F120 »

vortex generator
In-Tech
Vendor

Post by In-Tech »

Just as a test I Y'd the pan-e-vac from the exhaust to the valve cover and intake manifold(of course plugged internally) sure as S$%t the next week there were at least 2 cars popping and banging around the track. :lol: :mrgreen: =D>
Heat is energy, energy is horsepower...but you gotta control the heat.
-Carl
juuhanaa
HotPass
HotPass

Post by juuhanaa »

Minimal flow loss flexible pipe design? Needed incase of collision etc when the typical flex joint isnt enough.
A balanced person dares to stagger, and modify ports bigger
juuhanaa
HotPass
HotPass

Post by juuhanaa »

ELS wrote: Sat Jul 23, 2022 9:35 am did someone use that exhaust section as a driveshaft? :D
:D
Screenshot_20220804-001404.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
chevyfreak
Pro
Pro

Post by chevyfreak »

Curtis Mc wrote: Tue Aug 02, 2022 12:43 pm
chevyfreak wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 2:47 am
Schurkey wrote: Thu Jul 21, 2022 6:39 pm Making the competition waste time, money, effort, and enthusiasm trying to reverse-engineer the thing, when they'd be better-off dealing with their own combination rather than monkey-see-monkey-do with your stuff.
I'm not in competition with anyone, nor challenged anyone on this forum.
I asked a question, to find an answer, I never said i'm gonna do it, i asked a question.
Sorry if you feel it's a waste of your time and effort, you are not forced to answer every topic. If you decide to read it and went on to another topic it's minimal of your time and effort and gives you more time for your own stuff.
You decided to use more of your time and effort to give a reply.

Chevyfreak.
Hey Chevyfreak, I think you missed his point. This would be an old "racer" trick, that I am sure you have run across in the past where a racer/team tried something, found it didn't work, and it didn't hurt either, which when another team sees it, has them scrambling to replicate it thinking there was some advantage to it. Vizard has shared these stories, and I have heard some similar stories off the record many years ago. I don't think that comment was towards you.
Hi, i did realise that as it was pointed out earlier, was my biggest plunder that week, had a week from hell that week. After it was pointed out i saw what was meant and that i just read it wrongly at that time, I do apologise for it and to mr Schurkey, for me having a dumb moment.

Chevyfreak.
Bowtie for life
ptuomov
Guru
Guru

Post by ptuomov »

That looks like a $8,473.00 factory exhaust option from Porsche.
Paradigms often shift without the clutch -- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cxn-LxwsrnU
https://www.instagram.com/ptuomov/
Put Search Keywords Here
GARY C
HotPass
HotPass

Post by GARY C »

Super_Stock wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 3:23 am Acid.. or Ludes...
Be one with the air... :)
Please Note!
THE ABOVE POST IN NO WAY REFLECTS THE VIEWS OF SPEED TALK OR IT'S MEMBERS AND SHOULD BE VIEWED AS ENTERTAINMENT ONLY...Thanks, The Management!
Dan Timberlake
Guru
Guru

Post by Dan Timberlake »

download/file.php?id=30477&t=1

Is that spring from a real vehicle ?
juuhanaa
HotPass
HotPass

Post by juuhanaa »

Dan Timberlake wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 12:26 pm download/file.php?id=30477&t=1

Is that spring from a real vehicle ?
I google, yes and it looks even worse on "live" 😀