Crank part #

General engine tech -- Drag Racing to Circle Track

Moderator: Team

Nwguy

Crank part #

Post by Nwguy »

Cleaning out the closet the other day and found a SBC 3.5 stroke crank. I believe it has been hiding since we went to a big bore short stroke set up twenty plus years ago. I seem to think it was a Callies crank. But not sure. Numbers on the front counterweight are 34232 and below that 3500. Counterweights are bullnosed, flywheel flange is scalloped, all the journals are drilled. A quick google search returned me nothing. Any answers out there?? Thanks in advance!!
BillK
Guru
Guru

Re: Crank part #

Post by BillK »

Any symbols or other markings anywhere on it ? How about a picture of it ? Some manufacturers have distinct appearance.
Bill Koustenis
Advanced Automotive Machine
Waldorf Md

www.enginerepairshop.com
Nwguy

Post by Nwguy »

BillK wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 8:54 pm Any symbols or other markings anywhere on it ? How about a picture of it ? Some manufacturers have distinct appearance.
I will try to post pics this evening. Crank is currently out to get magged and checked out.
Nwguy

Post by Nwguy »

DUHH! Once I put my glasses on, I can see that it is a Callies. Never mind... What I thought was a stamped in part# was in fact the serial number. I am not as smart as I used to be!