Moderator: Team

skinny z
HotPass
HotPass

Re: What was Chevrolet thinking ?

Post by skinny z »

Bill Chase wrote: Fri Sep 30, 2022 12:24 pm
skinny z wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 12:12 pm
F-BIRD'88 wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 11:57 am Skinny. in all due respect you are just not going to learn what needs to be learned by computer sim ing this stuff to death....
You need to get in there and get dirty. Cam in motor , in car... Car down ¼ mile... Time slip yeee ha or wow What happened :( ha ha
No disrespect taken F-BIRD.
But as far as trackside experimentation goes, no thanks.
I've had my fill and don't care to get that involved again.
I'd like this next cam (and quite possibly my last) to be one and done.
I've done some sims, looked for trends, asked questions and know exactly what my path forward is. That will be to call my favourite cam grinder, lay my specs and objectives on the table and discuss what's being suggested. Having had this time to gather information has made more informed than I was twenty years ago and the cam selection process is very different. I think I can have a reasonable conversation with a professional.
But to fiddle with it at the track? Those days are long gone. At most I'd take advantage of my adjustable timing set and move the ICL around in the shop but certainly no re and re for me!
Please don't take this the wrong way, but after 18 months of posts and discussion observed. Go buy a pullout 6.0 LS with 4l60e and a Holley terminator x max to control the vvt and transmission. It will more than do everything you want it to, get good economy and probably pass smog check. Probably a 5-6 grand package that will last longer than the car you're putting it in. With the relatively mild goals you have stated it Seems like you're suffering from analysis paralysis my friend. I mean, do you want a solid 300-325 rwhp with 18-22 mpg? If so you can get that easily
Who are you talking to?
Kevin
rebelyell
Expert
Expert

Post by rebelyell »

FWIW looked it up again for ya --- the OE fuel pump push rod shipped in OE ZZ4 deluxe crate having OE steel billet ROLLER cam is GM pn 3704817

*many other billet steel rollers may be ground on a core made of a different (harder) alloy core and very well may require a different pushrod than above.

on another note and from time to time, I too suffer analysis paralysis.
skinny z
HotPass
HotPass

Post by skinny z »

On the other hand analysis can also be recreational.
Free too.
Especially when the shit is your own.
Learn something. Analyze. Learn some more.
And not paralyzed at all!
Kevin