268HP iron duke.

General engine tech -- Drag Racing to Circle Track

Moderator: Team

af2
Guru
Guru

Re: 268HP iron duke.

Post by af2 »

In-Tech wrote: Mon Nov 21, 2022 9:03 pm Chad, I can't see the details of the manifold. In my mind, that isn't what you wanted. I was soooooo pissed when I spec'd this engine and the fool that made the intake manifold I designed didn't do it even near my spec. He told the shop that he was "the guy". I looked at it and said to my customer, "well that's 50" 50 more he asked, NO, 50 less. The individual cylinder trims proved that. Focking idiot, Fack, I don't need practice [-X
Man, when I came in to tune it, I was pissed.

Awesome job Chad :D
I think I know of the guy. It might have been Sacramento 8 or 10 years ago. 8 second 4 cylinder I had to go out of my way working on my car to see it!!!
I swore he was way north of 11,000.
GURU is only a name.
Adam
dynoflo

Re: 268HP iron duke.

Post by dynoflo »

I did a iron duke many years ago for a circle track aplication. It was for a long time customer who ran asphalt 4 bangers. I flowed the head and was surprised that intake and exhaust flowed about the same. The cam was stock so i sent it to bullet for regrind. It had a burned up piston due to not enough fuel pressure. Iy was throttle body injection. Interesting that bbc rockers went right on it. I can only dyno carbed engines so i told him to try it out on race track. He called me after first night and said it was a rocket. I was surprised because it runs against 2.0 neons and 2.2 gm engines. I had to play with throttle body to get more pressure.