ebay Shaft Rockers

General engine tech -- Drag Racing to Circle Track

Moderator: Team

BOOT
Guru
Guru

ebay Shaft Rockers

Post by BOOT »

Found these weird paired shaft roller rockers on ebay. Look kinda like Yella Terra but more like the overseas stainless Comp copies you always see for cheap.

https://youtu.be/JPhGO1Xc2Fg video showing more details

011 aa forum.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Channel About My diy Projects & Reviews https://www.youtube.com/c/BOOTdiy

I know as much as I can learn and try to keep an open mind to anything!

If I didn't overthink stuff I wouldn't be on speedtalk!
amc fan
Expert
Expert

Re: ebay Shaft Rockers

Post by amc fan »

Fo a hundred dollars more you can buy them with stands adjusters bolts with all the hardware.
The rockers you have are for individual stud use that someone put a trough shaft with a spacer in-between and 2 snap rings tying it together.
You would have to use adjustable pushrods to make it work.
Then you would have to make up a way of holding them level, so they sweep the valve perpendicular to the roller on the rocker.
AT racing has them for $208 for stands rockers and adjusters. There are other sets with stand shims checking pushrods & the hardware $230-$260
IMO It would cost you way more to make what you have work. Your money your choice.
BOOT
Guru
Guru

Post by BOOT »

amc fan wrote: Fri Nov 25, 2022 4:59 pm Fo a hundred dollars more you can buy them with stands adjusters bolts with all the hardware.
The rockers you have are for individual stud use that someone put a trough shaft with a spacer in-between and 2 snap rings tying it together.
You would have to use adjustable pushrods to make it work.
Then you would have to make up a way of holding them level, so they sweep the valve perpendicular to the roller on the rocker.
AT racing has them for $208 for stands rockers and adjusters. There are other sets with stand shims checking pushrods & the hardware $230-$260
IMO It would cost you way more to make what you have work. Your money your choice.
Never liked the look of those cheap Aluminum shaft setups(not really hot on any alum shaft rockers), figured at least these being SS they might hold up a bit better. I'll just figured out the correct pushrod length like I normally do, make some stands/sleeves to keep the pairs level and lock em down good with the poly locks. Only really need the stands to make sure both are the same height, since you can't lash/preload them separate. Stands I think are more critical when using a bolt torqued down to attach the rocker but since these are stud, it's the nuts job to hold em in place/at height.

These would be more ideal for a stock type stud head w/o machined stud bosses.
Channel About My diy Projects & Reviews https://www.youtube.com/c/BOOTdiy

I know as much as I can learn and try to keep an open mind to anything!

If I didn't overthink stuff I wouldn't be on speedtalk!
Geoff2
Guru
Guru

Post by Geoff2 »

Probably not as good as a stud girdle, but a good compromise.