Seat Angles......Again

General engine tech -- Drag Racing to Circle Track

Moderator: Team

SteveS
Pro
Pro

Seat Angles......Again

Post by SteveS »

Ok here is the background picture: 3.31" bore, two 1.3" intake valves, pentroof combustion chamber, L/D when 25%=.335", max lift of .400", short duration intake cam (240@.05) and max power at 11000RPM. Nobody, yet, in my little world of high performance motorcycles is paying close attention to the valve seat and the discrete angles making up the seat. For any of you that have the background and insight to offer suggestions, I would welcome you to share your thoughts on what three seat angles, along with the width for the seat proper, should be considered for evaluation with the goal of making max power in the 9000RPM to 11000RPM range.

Re: Seat Angles......Again

Post by Guest »

SteveS wrote:Ok here is the background picture: 3.31" bore, two 1.3" intake valves, pentroof combustion chamber, L/D when 25%=.335", max lift of .400", short duration intake cam (240@.05) and max power at 11000RPM. Nobody, yet, in my little world of high performance motorcycles is paying close attention to the valve seat and the discrete angles making up the seat. For any of you that have the background and insight to offer suggestions, I would welcome you to share your thoughts on what three seat angles, along with the width for the seat proper, should be considered for evaluation with the goal of making max power in the 9000RPM to 11000RPM range.

long 75 tiny 60 and .040 45 seat with .015 margin