Which Chassis?

Shocks, Springs, Brakes, Frame, Body Work, etc

Moderator: Team

Which Chassis do you like better on short tracks?

Hamke
No votes
Port City
100%
Howe
No votes

Total votes: 2

MDH06

Which Chassis?

Post by MDH06 »

Which chassis is better? A port City Or Hamke or Howe? Looking to build a car, and I was curious of the strong and weak points of each and which is better at short bank tracks and which is better at short flat tracks?
MDH06

Post by MDH06 »

Anyone?
Nwguy

Post by Nwguy »

My opinion, and my opinion only.

Port City..PC has more cars racing and winning at more tracks than any other chassis. They have more feedback from more competitors than all the others put together. If you call PC you will get sttraight answers explained to you at your technical comfort level.

Once I called Lefthander (Hamke) with a question about inner pivot heights, anti dive angles, and ball joint #'s, and how I should mount a lefthander clip (purchased new never used from a team that quit using Lefthander) and was rudely told that I should have bought it from them and then they would be more likely to help me, and I should ask the guy that sold it to me! Hopefully that guy is no longer empolyed there. However it left me with a bad taste in my mouth, and I have never bought anything from them since.

Sometimes a local builder will build a car that is more suited to a local track and it's specialized conditions. Ask the people you plan to race against, or learn what the differences are between chassis and snoop around the pits and see what the front-runners are using.

Good luck,
#84Dave
Expert
Expert

Post by #84Dave »

We measured and used software to carefully analyze the front geometry of a Victory Circle chassis. Manufactured in CA. Well designed and a winner with many V-8 Super Late Models. And easy to change the front moment centers for multi-track bank angles.

Dave
MDH06

Post by MDH06 »

Thanks