Shocks, Springs, Brakes, Frame, Body Work, etc

Moderator: Team

BillyShope
Pro
Pro

Post by BillyShope »

My blog would be a big help:

http://home.earthlink.net/~whshope

Note, in particular, the page on the "traction dyno." This will allow you to make adjustments and know their effects BEFORE you go to the strip.
awesomebill

Re: Need to learn to tune suspention.

Post by awesomebill »

Alex wrote:Sorry, I know this is not engine related. But I bought a chassis with a ladder bar / coil over rear suspention, and I don't have enough knowledge to really get it to work. Any good books you guys can recomend? Was at the track today, and ran 1.516 60ft. 6.891/105.58 mph in the 1/8. I could not get the car to hook off the line. And I am running 14 in. tires. I am sure it just needs basic tunning, but I want to learn as much as possible.
Thanks guys,
By the way, any guesses on what I might run in the 1/4?
Alex
The first thing to do is set the ladder bars level with the chassi. This is usually the center hole. Make sure you have at least 3 degrees pinion angle. Pull the L/R ladder bar bolt out and set the driver in the car. You should be 1/2 hole off on the suspension. That is the ladder bar mount should come down 1/2 a hole over the ladder bar hole. If it is put the bolt back in, if its not, adjust accordingly. Set the shocks if adjustable all the way on zero. Leave the air pressure at 12. This will put you right in the ball park with an ladder bar system. If your car hooks, start going up evenly with the shock shettings When it blows the tires off or you 60 gets worst, back up 1 setting.

For your second question, 10.91 would be your 1/4 mile times.