Chassis length

Shocks, Springs, Brakes, Frame, Body Work, etc

Moderator: Team

Fahlin Racing
Pro
Pro

Chassis length

Post by Fahlin Racing »

Hello all, hope the spring time is going well for those getting ready for racing and busy for those who make horsepower. I am finally making headway on stripping my project and will be cutting my rear half off to start cleaning up and changing the chassis before I bring it in for back-half to be made. Right now as it sits from the factory it is roughly 132" on center of axle to spindle. After talking to a friend, he mentions longer the racing vehicle the straighter it tends stay down the track. Now I am guessing here, I may have 1100 to 1200lbs on engine in front of me. With the changes I have planned I will be dropping weight of the engine itself however I will not know how much my dry weight will be in the end. I hope it is under 1,000 though.

Any pointers on back-halfed chassis for drag racing? I am thinking I can change my firewall to a point, however I am not sure what I can absolutely do for sure. I am thinking I will leave the 132" length, it is a 85 Chevy truck I am using.

Thank you.
Jim "Iron Giant" Fahlin ~ A high performance car is like a guitar, you have to tune it to achieve your best operation and pull ahead of the competition.

Gas & Diesel motorsports