Anti roll bar question

Shocks, Springs, Brakes, Frame, Body Work, etc

Moderator: Team

toolmakeron
Pro
Pro

Anti roll bar question

Post by toolmakeron »

Looking to get an anti-roll bar set up for a 10 sec. bracket car. It really needs it ! Back half , 4 link car , square tube rails. 3100 lb car. Any suggestions on who to get some from. I looked around & there are quite a lot .Many look the same, but a wide range in prices. Any info or suggestions on what you guys have used,good or bad, is greatly appreciated. Thanks guys
Custombalancing.com
We Make Honey Out of Dogshit*
* some conditions apply.
cgarb
Guru
Guru

Re: Anti roll bar question

Post by cgarb »

I made my own...at 10 sec car power levels I don't think you will need the ultra duty top gun anti roll bar. I would buy the one that fits your budget and don't look back. It will make a big difference, well at last in my car it did. It is a stock style chevelle 4 link. With him ends on all the bars it allowed it to roll real easy. The anti roll made it leave nice and straight. On a parallel 4 link set up its not quite as bad, but I'm sure it will improve.
fdicrasto
Expert
Expert

Post by fdicrasto »

I just acquired a Monte Carlo,back halfed,4 link,very nice anti roll bar set-up and am curious if you preload the rear suspension thru it or the conventional way thru the upper right 4 link bar? Never had a car with this set-up before. Phil D.
cgarb
Guru
Guru

Post by cgarb »

The cars I've worked on with 4 link, I never preloaded any of the bars. Set your bottom bars at equal length. Do the same for the top bars. Set pinion angle then. Afterwards set the driver (or weight equivalent) in the seat and turn the top bars until there is no stress on the bars. At that point the car should be free and you should be able to work the suspension easily with no binding. Make sure the car is setting level with the anti roll hooked up and it should be good to go.