Exhaust blown diffuser on street car

Shocks, Springs, Brakes, Frame, Body Work, etc

Moderator: Team

Anti

Exhaust blown diffuser on street car

Post by Anti »

I'm looking to plumb my twin exit exhaust through the after market diffuser on my street car for the following reasons;

More seriously though, this is what I have in mind would is more or less this (on the veyron, no this isn't the actual selling point for me):

The car is very close to the ground and I will be making a full under tray for it as well. How functional the whole set up will be as a whole will be entirely speculative however.

Can anyone see a reason not to run a set up like this full time on a street car? The only issue I forsee is the heat on the diffuser (carbon outer, glass inner unit) and rear bumper (glass) when sitting stationary. Not sure if this would be enough to cause damage though but I guess it's possible.

Appreciate the feedback.

-A
Olefud
Pro
Pro

Re: Exhaust blown diffuser on street car

Post by Olefud »

I doubt that the throat of the diffuser will be close enough to the road to generate much downforce. However, the diffuser itself should slow the undercar air to increase the pressure thereof. Perhaps some high speed advantage by means of resulting higher pressure behind the car. But it looks great.
Anti

Post by Anti »

You're probably right, but I wouldn't know. If all else is lost at least it'll look cool.
user-23911

Post by user-23911 »

Is it legal for a street car in Australia?

Depending on the country and the local rules, the exhaust has to exit behind the rear bumper so that fumes can't get sucked back into the passenger compartment.
Anti

Post by Anti »

Laws here state that the exhaust must dump past the rear axle, so we're good there.