leaf sprig back halves

Shocks, Springs, Brakes, Frame, Body Work, etc

Moderator: Team

chevyart
leaf sprig back halves

Post by chevyart »

i have heard some guys use the front half of the leaf spring to locate the rear ans then use ladder bars and coilovers. basically you are eliminating the diagonal link bar and using the front off the leaf spring as the rear end locator.. could you use the front of the leaf spring and the diagonal at same time to locate the rear without these 2 parts working against each other.. car dives fast at the track and still goes on the street at times and diagonals are not at their best as a rear locator on the street. thanks art
6.50camaro
HotPass
HotPass

Re: leaf sprig back halves

Post by 6.50camaro »

ThE one question I have is how is there not going to be some kind of bind , friction, lack of free movement with two different lenghts to the pivot point . The leaf spring eye pivot point vs. the ladder bar pivot point . Dan
chevyart

Post by chevyart »

thankx dan. i feel the same way. its my buddys car. only thing i forgot to mention is that the car currently has the old school sliders on there which allows the ladder bar leaf spring combo. that would probably let the combo work, bu i think there would be too much sprin(stiffness) with the coilovers and leaf springs. thanks again Art in NY
SupStk
Guru
Guru

Post by SupStk »

Since your friend already has ladders and coil-overs, i would ditch the leafs and use either a panhard bar or track locator. The front 1/2 of the leaf spring would make a poor locator Especially with the housing floater.

My .02
Monty Frerichs
B&M Machine