Alignment Specs

Shocks, Springs, Brakes, Frame, Body Work, etc

Moderator: Team

vht
Alignment Specs

Post by vht »

I'm building a 57 chevy drag and some street car, it'll run high 8's if everything works out right. It;ll have a stk front suspension except for tubular upper control arms and front adjustable drag shocks. Does anyone know what the alignment specs should be? I was told to use the tubular upper A arms for more camber. I usually shoot for an 1/8 in toe in.I have a caster and camber gauge but I need something to go on the wheels to attach it to. There is a thread on here and this guy had a link to what he used to attach it to the wheels but the ebay link no longer works. Any help is appreciated, maybe he'll chime in.
miniv8
Expert
Expert

Re: Alignment Specs

Post by miniv8 »

I try to keep the camber on the negative side where the travel is likely to be under some load, not that worried about full extension. I opt for maximum caster at ride height whenever possible, power steering or not.
If you are using a rack and pinion, be careful with its geometry as not to having unexpected toe situation when the car is 2inches higher than ride height. Depending on your aero, running 155mph will likely generate front end lift on a 57'
Magnús Aðalvíkingur Finnbjörnsson
vht

Post by vht »

Thanks, I finally found the stk specs and also what was recommended for better handling and drag racing. Pretty much what you are saying.
BirdMan
Expert
Expert

Post by BirdMan »

I jack up front of car 1 to 2 inches over stationary ride height for race height. I set camber at 0*, caster +5* and 1/16-1/8" toe in on our 64/65 Falcons.
Dale C.