We are currently running on the new domain and server: www.Speed-Talk.com

IMPORTANT: Update your bookmarks to https://www.speed-talk.com/forum/
(Right-click the URL and select "Bookmark this link")

C8 Corvette

Open to topics unrelated to Speed-Talk.
No politics. No religion topics.

Moderator: Team

Nikolas Ojala
Pro
Pro

C8 Corvette

Post by Nikolas Ojala » Sat Oct 12, 2019 2:19 pm

I thought this is broader topic than technical, so I decided to put this to Offtopic instead of General Tech.

The new C8 Corvette is so much different than all previous models. What do you think about it? Opinions?

Nikolas Ojala
Pro
Pro

Re: C8 Corvette

Post by Nikolas Ojala » Sun Oct 13, 2019 11:38 am

They decided that C8 Corvette must be different. The engine is no more in front of the driver. The weight distribution is something like 40-60. I don't know the exact numbers, so I'm guessing.

When I look at rear engine cars, most of them look nice, but I also think about two things: How would that car behave on a slippery road due to weight distribution? What if a head-on collision happens and the engine is behind you?

I have my doubts but time will tell.

Nikolas Ojala
Pro
Pro

Post by Nikolas Ojala » Mon Oct 21, 2019 5:33 pm

Anyway, I suppose the new Corvette drives just fine. It may be even superior compared to all previous models.

But I have one more doubt.

There are race cars and there are other sports cars. The utility of a race car is such that it is good for racing. Other sports cars are made for other purposes, and racing is not the major thing. So: How about trunk capacity?

GRTfast
HotPass
HotPass

Post by GRTfast » Tue Oct 22, 2019 11:52 am

Looks pretty cool. Bang for the buck it is going to be hard to beat. I'm sure someone at work will have one soon. Pretty excited to see and hear one in person.
Take the risk of thinking for yourself, much more happiness, truth, beauty, and wisdom will come to you that way. -Hitchens

pdq67
Guru
Guru

Post by pdq67 » Tue Dec 31, 2019 10:38 am

Gimmie a STOCK, '60's, 427 Cobra!

Hard to believe that if I would have known about Cobras back then that I could have bought one instead of my 1st Gen. 350SS/RS Camaro that I still have!

pdq67

Kevin Johnson
HotPass
HotPass

Post by Kevin Johnson » Sun Jan 12, 2020 2:49 pm

[-X :lol: