What is your favorite vehicle or vehicles from the 1950s?

Open to topics unrelated to Speed-Talk.
No politics. No religion topics.

Moderator: Team

Dave Koehler
Vendor

Re:

Post by Dave Koehler »

crazyman wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2009 5:03 am I have never yet seen my favorite. My ideal would involve a 55-57 chevy with modern style skirts and ground effects. Minus the rice.

IMO, it would look killer. Claimed copyright, circa late 2009, like it matters.

Just killer looking effects on something you would totally not expect to see them on, yet well executed...
"minus the rice" I like that.

57 Chevy post or Nomad for me. Never cared for the hardtop. Modernized suspension, etc would be wonderful.
Had several different versions in my youth. Now I can't afford a rust bucket fixer upper.
Hated the convertible after I just had to have one. Heavier and cold as could be in the winter.
No Foose giant rims and rubberband tires though.
That is a fad that flat ruins the lines/stance of anything from 1972 and earlier.
Dave Koehler - Koehler Injection
Enderle Fuel Injection - Nitrous Charger - Balancing - Nitrous Master software
http://www.koehlerinjection.com
"Never let a race car know that you are in a hurry."
Kevin Johnson
HotPass
HotPass
Re:

Post by Kevin Johnson »

enigma57 wrote:

:D I like pretty much all the cars from '49 through '57...... And a few '58s as well. But especially the early '50s coupes with their short top and long rear deck proportions.

Here are a couple of my personal favourite daily drivers from years past......

Built in 1972...... The '55 ran a 'built' 327 and T-10 4-speed backed by a 9" Ford rear initially and later, a 450 HP LS-6 454 GM long block with a '67 427 'Vette Holley tri-power induction system and a '62 Ford big block T-85 overdrive tranny fitted with a '57 Pontiac T-85 gearcase, input shaft and front collar.

Built in 1978...... The '56 ran a 'built' 400 Pontiac with 428 heads, a '66 389 tri-power intake and '70 Dodge 6-Pak Holley carbs backed by a Muncie 4-speed and '69 SS 396 Camaro 12-bolt rear.

Happy Motoring,

Harry
Driving Force Online: BREAKING NEWS—Ohio Governor Signs SEMA-Supported Vehicle Freedom Bill Into Law!