Indy Cylinder Heads web site

Open to topics unrelated to Speed-Talk.
No politics. No religion topics.

Moderator: Team

Stan Weiss
Vendor

Indy Cylinder Heads web site

Post by Stan Weiss »

Is it my computer or does anyone one else get this message when going to Indy Cylinder Heads web site. I am using Firefox 3.0.13

SLI

Post by SLI »

Works for me. I have IE 7.
Airpumpguy

Post by Airpumpguy »

Stan,

I talked to Ken Lazzeri about that problem at 'Chryslers at Carlisle'. He said there was a problem with using a search engine to go to the site, but if you type www.indyheads.com directly in the browser address window, it would work fine. So far that has worked for me. Apparently someone has attached a virus through the search engine.

Mike
Airpumpguy

Post by Airpumpguy »

Just checked again to be sure and it works fine w/ Internet Explorer.

Mike
paulzig
Expert
Expert

Post by paulzig »

Using Firefox 3.0.13 I get the message but Explorer goes straight through...

Could be a bug in Firefox that picks up the site as malicious or it could be a deficiency in Windows Explorer that does not ... ;)

Its the google website crawler that flags it as malicious so thats why some people have no problems typing the URL straight into the browser.
Scott H
Post by Scott H »

Stan,
Running LINUX and FireFox 2.0 I see the following from a Google search:

Results 1 - 100 of about 3,410,000 for indy head. (0.70 seconds)

Search Results

Indy Cylinder Head
This site may harm your computer.
Over 30 years of racing experience and cylinder head and manifold development for Indy race cars.
www.indyheads.com/ - Similar
Indy Cylinder Heads
This site may harm your computer.
The Indy Cylinder Head EZ heads are designed for A, B and E body cars. They have stock low exhaust port location and bolt patterns meaning that most ...
www.indyheads.com/440cncheads.html - Similar...

FF 2.0 won't let me access from a Google link. I can access it from Airpumpguy's inserted link or by directly typing it in. I wonder if it is really a Google issue?
paulzig
Expert
Expert

Post by paulzig »

The google web crawler will visit websites and scan for malicious content. Firefox uses the database of malicious websites created by google to flag a site as malicious or safe depending on what it finds within the code.

Microsofts Explorer most likely does NOT use this database and instead may use its own proprietary Micro$oft database.

The firefox alerts may be genuine or they may be false positives, and its hard to say due to the morphic nature of a virus, trojan or a piece of malware ..
Stan Weiss
Vendor

Post by Stan Weiss »

Thanks for the replies.

Tools --> Options --> Security
If I turn off "Tell me if the site I'm visiting is a suspected attack site" it works fine.

It may just be a false positive, but I want to have the warnings.