Anyone here on "Street Outlaws" on Discovery?

Open to topics unrelated to Speed-Talk.
No politics. No religion topics.

Moderator: Team

justahoby
HotPass
HotPass
Location: In Stephenville, Texas, USA from Thunder Bay, Canada

Re: Anyone here on "Street Outlaws" on Discovery?

Post by justahoby »

But you gotta say , it does run good for a POS :mrgreen:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zcPHHEea3lE
As I'm approaching 40,I still think I'm 20. What the hell is wrong with me?
BigChief

Post by BigChief »

dieselgeek wrote:The one thing I remember about the "Murder Nova" was a year of massive smack talk about how the car was going to show up at Drag Week and dominate every car, any class.

When it did show up at Cordova, it made one mediocre pass nowhere near class leading, and made it about 13 feet of the highway cruise before bailing out. No smack talk after that. The show was fun enough to watch for a few minutes, but "quickest street cars in the world" is total crap. Those aren't fast streetcars, they're slow racecars.

You sir are a liar. We never talked any crap about winning drag week. We actually told everyone we would lose. We only did it to try and do something besides street racing with the car and it seemed like lots of great folks were racing drag week. We also HAVE NEVER BEEN TO CORDOVA, it was Muncie Indiana....we nuked it on the first pass of the TEST day. Never even made it to lockup. And absolutely didn't make it far enough to hit the hwy and bailout as you said. Haters gonna hate. How far did you make it from Muncie?
www.MidWestStreetCars.com
dieselgeek
Guru
Guru

Post by dieselgeek »

BigChief wrote:
dieselgeek wrote:The one thing I remember about the "Murder Nova" was a year of massive smack talk about how the car was going to show up at Drag Week and dominate every car, any class.

When it did show up at Cordova, it made one mediocre pass nowhere near class leading, and made it about 13 feet of the highway cruise before bailing out. No smack talk after that. The show was fun enough to watch for a few minutes, but "quickest street cars in the world" is total crap. Those aren't fast streetcars, they're slow racecars.

You sir are a liar. We never talked any crap about winning drag week. We actually told everyone we would lose. We only did it to try and do something besides street racing with the car and it seemed like lots of great folks were racing drag week. We also HAVE NEVER BEEN TO CORDOVA, it was Muncie Indiana....we nuked it on the first pass of the TEST day. Never even made it to lockup. And absolutely didn't make it far enough to hit the hwy and bailout as you said. Haters gonna hate. How far did you make it from Muncie?

Liar?? I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one who read all about how the car was going to slaughter everyone at Drag Week. Over and over and over... Muncie or Cordova, the results were not as claimed. That's not me being a hater, it's a simple observation.

I've attended 3 DWs in person but my customers have won classes every year except 2006 and 2013. I'm plenty familiar with the event, thanks. :wink:
Calibration Engineer
www.DIYAutotune.com
justahoby
HotPass
HotPass

Post by justahoby »

BigChief wrote:

oh shit!!! drama showtime brought here!! Bring me the popcorn and beer! I didnt even need to buy cable.. :lol:

PS..But having seen dieselgeek post very technical things before, i never seen him say bullshit , nor do i expect him to waste time watching tv...
Cubic_Cleveland
Guru
Guru

Post by Cubic_Cleveland »

dieselgeek wrote: Those aren't fast streetcars, they're slow racecars.
:lol: :lol: :lol: =D> =D>
Iceracer

Post by Iceracer »

When did this become the Drama forum???
6.76 @ 123.10 on the Worlds Fastest 1/8 Mile of Ice
www.merrillicedrags.com
justahoby
HotPass
HotPass

Post by justahoby »

Iceracer wrote:When did this become the Drama forum???
The point EXACTLY "it is not " :wink:
Unkl Ian
Guru
Guru

Post by Unkl Ian »

Shouldn't be.
[-X
Please help make Speedtalk a Troll free zone.
SWR
Guru
Guru

Post by SWR »

Not that much tech here anymore.. so General Discussion we go.
-Bjørn

"Impossible? Nah...just needs more development time"
k-star
Guru
Guru

Post by k-star »

2 maybe 3 years ago when all the magazine racers ran all the good guys off by constantly fighting with them.

It's not the same speed talk as it was 5 years ago.
“If I hit you with this you’re going to be numb, that’s why they call them numb-chucks “Si Robertson
k-star
Guru
Guru

Post by k-star »

dieselgeek wrote:

Liar?? I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one who read all about how the car was going to slaughter everyone at Drag Week. Over and over and over... Muncie or Cordova, the results were not as claimed. That's not me being a hater, it's a simple observation.

I've attended 3 DWs in person but my customers have won classes every year except 2006 and 2013. I'm plenty familiar with the event, thanks. :wink:
Post up some of the links so we can read them.
“If I hit you with this you’re going to be numb, that’s why they call them numb-chucks “Si Robertson
jake197000
Expert
Expert

Post by jake197000 »

all those so called reality shows are fake,just made up drama for tv.take them to a real track with rules and see how they do,yes they have some fast cars.
Super_Stock

Post by Super_Stock »

I'd rather watch reruns of John Milner blowing off Bob Falfa.