Anyone here on "Street Outlaws" on Discovery?

Open to topics unrelated to Speed-Talk.
No politics. No religion topics.

Moderator: Team

justahoby
HotPass
HotPass
Location: In Stephenville, Texas, USA from Thunder Bay, Canada

Re: Anyone here on "Street Outlaws" on Discovery?

Post by justahoby »

Unkl Ian wrote:Just what we need, a tv show that encourages street racing.
No shit... i like to step on it once in awhile, but this competitive bs is bad and dangerous suggestion going around other people on the road..
but hey you cant tell me you never embarrassed that annoying fart cannon equipped honda owner and made his girlfriend wish you were younger, no? :lol:
As I'm approaching 40,I still think I'm 20. What the hell is wrong with me?
n5ifi
Pro
Pro

Post by n5ifi »

Some if not most of those guys are registered on the bullet.
Chief is there.
Flip (the guy that killed himself) was registered and posted quite a bit on Yellow Bullet.
Shawn/ Murder Nova
Caprimaniac
Guru
Guru

Post by Caprimaniac »

Guess I'll have to convert to YB, then, to meet my heeeeeeroes?

We at ST do it the legal way, don't we?

Anyway; over here street- racing do not exist as such. There have been some instances where teens "race" their VW's or Hondas or whatever over some straight road. No crowds or no crews, nothing like that.

In Sweden, street- racing was a big problem back in the days, like early 80's. Ended up with a deal concerning abandoned airport runnaways made accessible to the race- crowd; street- racing made legal. Worked very well for many years. I know at least one of the runaways beeing closed up and the property been taken back by the authorities. The street- legal classes are big in Sweden and hopefully they will continue to be; at the track- not the street....
How to turn GURU in an instant.....
GARY C
HotPass
HotPass

Post by GARY C »

From the article, Video included... Sweden is actually world famous for its street racing, thanks to video series like Escape from Stockholm, where illegal racers fly through city streets, trying to avoid Stockholm’s persistent police force. And despite the police’s best efforts, the annual illegal drag racing event has rules, organization, and a huge crowd of rabid fans that only the Europeans could pull off. http://www.dragzine.com/news/video-swed ... o-camaros/
There has been street racing since the second car was built and their will be until Christ returns are man kind no longer inhabits the world.

As one friend told me a couple of years ago "I made $11,000.00 last year street racing, why would I want to go to the track"???
He also won an Orange 70 to 72 Nova on Pinks.
Please Note!
THE ABOVE POST IN NO WAY REFLECTS THE VIEWS OF SPEED TALK OR IT'S MEMBERS AND SHOULD BE VIEWED AS ENTERTAINMENT ONLY...Thanks, The Management!
steve cowan
Guru
Guru

Post by steve cowan »

i have not street raced for 20 years,i own a 10 sec streeter,i have had a drivers licence for 26 years,never had it cancelled,i have watched all the youtube docos on streetracing,i have 8 years dvds called "cashdays"from 1320 video-dragweek dvds (all) kings of the street(all)i just recieved 10 years worth of orlando world street nationals(not streetracing) i love horspower im sorry i apologize in advance,i was not going to tell anyone i cant help it damn i got to get that gearbox back in for the weekend :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
steve c
"Pretty don't make power"
JoePorting
Guru
Guru

Post by JoePorting »

Unkl Ian wrote:Just what we need, a tv show that encourages street racing.
Watching Breaking Bad, I wondered how many kids decided to start their own meth lab.
Joe Facciano
steve cowan
Guru
Guru

Post by steve cowan »

thats funny joe but probaly true-we can all be misled from time to time,ps i got all seasons of breaking bad and dexter,oh no i think i am a serial killer now :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
steve c
"Pretty don't make power"
levisnteeshirt
Guru
Guru

Post by levisnteeshirt »

I've tried to force myself to watch that crap. Can't do it. I think it makes hot rodding look pretty stupid
rfoll
Guru
Guru

Post by rfoll »

After Fast and Furious came out, there were a number for deaths in this area caused by hoons with bottled Hondas etc. flying around at night acting like they were on tv. The local race track opened up Midnight Drags on Friday and Saturday nights to get the idiots off the street. Then there were idiots at the race rack. They were scary.
So much to do, so little time...
numboltz

Post by numboltz »

I find myself attracted to this show because it somewhat depicts how it was back in the olden days. It was an age before the credit revolution and it took a lot of ingenuity to build something "fast." Fast is of course a relative term so here it refers to back in the day, when a 11 second car was fast. Then, as now, a serious commitment to the sport is a major lifestyle choice and there were relatively few who would answer the call. I was never a player in those leagues but sold parts and some services. Way back then the foundation of racing was still stock parts, long before the rise of China. So an eagle eye at the wreckers and replying to for sale ads to see what was really for sale put money on the table.

Anyway, races were handled in a somewhat similar fashion to the show, and in general the cops didn't care unless there were specific complaints. In fact, the favorite after midnite place here was only about 6 blocks from the city police headquarters.

The players were all about business and there were no accidents, and no involvement of innocent citizens.

The problems that arose were due to the Yahoo-Idiot factor. These 'tards would eventually find out the time and place and infest it with asinine stupidity. I saw some wonderful crashes that would qualify for the "Fools" show. This forced the cop's hands and was an ongoing problem.

Why did guys street race? Because there simply was no other outlet. NIMBYS have always hounded every racetrack out of existence here, and stopped any new ones from opening. It's a wommyn's world ya know.

Back to the show. It appears to me that it may be at least partly staged in part due to the way that police action is depicted. Stopping 3 blocks away from a well lit crowd with lots of flashing lights is too Hollywood. So far the signal to noise ratio seems OK. By that I mean the "personality" crap has not yet taken over like always happens when liberal arts types run things.

BTW, a good friend had a truck along the same idea as the Farmtruck. Started out as a BTS '53 Ford PU bought dead at the side of the road. That was fun...some of the shit pulled off with it was shall we say, very interesting. It soon became obvious that if it don't have Bling it ain't anything and being invisible sure does have advantages.
gmc406

Post by gmc406 »

I couldn't get much out of it, there was away too much beeping with the censoring. I found it kinda funny.
dieselgeek
Guru
Guru

Post by dieselgeek »

The one thing I remember about the "Murder Nova" was a year of massive smack talk about how the car was going to show up at Drag Week and dominate every car, any class.

When it did show up at Cordova, it made one mediocre pass nowhere near class leading, and made it about 13 feet of the highway cruise before bailing out. No smack talk after that. The show was fun enough to watch for a few minutes, but "quickest street cars in the world" is total crap. Those aren't fast streetcars, they're slow racecars.
Calibration Engineer
www.DIYAutotune.com
Caprimaniac
Guru
Guru

Post by Caprimaniac »

Started watching halfway thru tonites show. After 5 mins found myself reading the computer screen on my lap.
Too much intrigue & BS. Funny part was when a muscle car was beaten by a honda... The show is not for me.

Yeah, figure it can show some of past days street- racing spirit, but... Aren't there classes where even the average guy can pay up to compete? We have SL classes at 100$ yearly reg fee and 150$ for a weekend including camping, no xtra fee. Most racers can afford that?
How to turn GURU in an instant.....
GARY C
HotPass
HotPass

Post by GARY C »

I just thought about the name, and got to thinking it's hard to be a "Street Outlaw" when you on a street governed by the law... just another drama show for the masses.
I have a friend thats all in to this show and thinks it's real and can't see the reality that this show is on national tv and these guys would be locked up if they didn't have permission to race in these settings.

Satan's ploy has always been to convince people that you can get away with breaking the law so he can laugh at you when your busted and my friend thinks you can.
Please Note!
THE ABOVE POST IN NO WAY REFLECTS THE VIEWS OF SPEED TALK OR IT'S MEMBERS AND SHOULD BE VIEWED AS ENTERTAINMENT ONLY...Thanks, The Management!
justahoby
HotPass
HotPass
Location: In Stephenville, Texas, USA from Thunder Bay, Canada

Post by justahoby »

GARY C wrote:I just thought about the name, and got to thinking it's hard to be a "Street Outlaw" when you on a street governed by the law... just another drama show for the masses.
I have a friend thats all in to this show and thinks it's real and can't see the reality that this show is on national tv and these guys would be locked up if they didn't have permission to race in these settings.

Satan's ploy has always been to convince people that you can get away with breaking the law so he can laugh at you when your busted and my friend thinks you can.
Along with the drama crowds that like that faker Hulk Hogan, or whatever steroid character breaking metal chairs over head wrestling and massive helicopter acrobatic WWE stunts, and shit talking..
Bout sums up a few posters(posers) on here as well..
As I'm approaching 40,I still think I'm 20. What the hell is wrong with me?