Anyone here on "Street Outlaws" on Discovery?

Open to topics unrelated to Speed-Talk.
No politics. No religion topics.

Moderator: Team

Caprimaniac
Guru
Guru

Anyone here on "Street Outlaws" on Discovery?

Post by Caprimaniac »

The show is on here tonite. Gold car Mustang.... I don't know yet if any of the drivers are named in the show or not. Looks as not- Outlaws.... I'll watch, for sure.
How to turn GURU in an instant.....
tresi
Pro
Pro
Re: Anyone here on "Street Outlaws" on Discovery?

Post by tresi »

Tried to watch it once, lasted about 15 minutes. Too scripted, Too much manufactured drama and basically an insult to real racers.
birkey

Post by birkey »

Many people enjoy it. Not my favorite. Fastest "street cars" in Oklahoma. With slicks and a powerglide??and 2000+ hp?
Caprimaniac
Guru
Guru

Post by Caprimaniac »

He, he.... Yeah, that's how TV- shows are.... But, more fun to watch than most of the "hot- rod" shows like Overhaulin' etc (which can be good in other terms) due to more engine/ drivetrain focus and more race- oriented cars.

For a real good workshop drama I find "Graveyard cars" hard to beat....

For a racer's standpoint, I find "Pit crews" good. Also that "Road to Le Mans"- thingy watch- worthy.

Got only 15 min. last night. Not great, but pobably manage to catch a complete show next monday and see what I think then.
How to turn GURU in an instant.....
croc dundee

Post by croc dundee »

im sure you would agree,the teenage genre would find that ''cool''?
pretty much the norm nowadays for discovery!
keep the cameras rollin,sell another subscription!
redcorvette

Post by redcorvette »

Whether it is real or not it was fun watching the FarmTruck stomp a rice burner, although a little scary to see how it handles at the top end.
donc
Guru
Guru

Post by donc »

My question is how do they get away with street racing,when obviously cops are around? Are the producers of the show taking out permits with the authorities under the premise "filming"? If so good idea. When they make a test hit on their own,theyre looking out for the heat.
Orr89rocz
HotPass
HotPass

Post by Orr89rocz »

I think all the races are scripted. Locations are set up and some kinda of filming permit is taken to keep cops happy. They probably get a kick back on the deal anyway.

But hate it or love it, those cars are real and are fast. Murder nova has been a youtube sensation for many many years before this show. Alot of those guys are on yellowbullet
BOOT
Guru
Guru

Post by BOOT »

Caught part of it once, couldn't watch it. A few friends have talked about it and it seems like it has some good stuff. I still won't watch it, always prefer to race and not watch. But w/e helps the sport I guess, seems like more people were out after it went on TV.
Channel About My diy Projects & Reviews https://www.youtube.com/c/BOOTdiy

I know as much as I can learn and try to keep an open mind to anything!

If I didn't overthink stuff I wouldn't be on speedtalk!
3window

Post by 3window »

Beats me how you could get away with a race lit up b a light tower that you could see from 10 miles away! I know Oklahoma's in the middle of nowhere, but come on!
justahoby
HotPass
HotPass
Location: In Stephenville, Texas, USA from Thunder Bay, Canada

Post by justahoby »

redcorvette wrote:Whether it is real or not it was fun watching the FarmTruck stomp a rice burner, although a little scary to see how it handles at the top end.
It real, he had personal youtube videos of his POS doing 10.12 in the 1/4 before he was celebrity status...
As a matter of fact you used to find a few not to fancy 500+ cubic in 67-72 longbed c10s running wicked fast wheelstand, but now when you google his POS its all over the place... and it is fast.
As I'm approaching 40,I still think I'm 20. What the hell is wrong with me?
GARY C
HotPass
HotPass

Post by GARY C »

It would have to be scripted, those guys are all local racers here and well known...no where to hide :D
Please Note!
THE ABOVE POST IN NO WAY REFLECTS THE VIEWS OF SPEED TALK OR IT'S MEMBERS AND SHOULD BE VIEWED AS ENTERTAINMENT ONLY...Thanks, The Management!
stealth
Guru
Guru

Post by stealth »

Somewhere I read that in some states you can buy a permit to “street race”. Which isn’t street racing like we are all thinking it is, hence the tv show gets to show a “legal” activity that we all assume is very illegal.

Makes sense that there are huge areas all lit up, crowds of people, no cops on scene and no one goes to jail. (only get in trouble for the “testing” they do before the race…which probably doesn’t fit the permit stipulations.
Unkl Ian
Guru
Guru

Post by Unkl Ian »

Just what we need, a tv show that encourages street racing.
Please help make Speedtalk a Troll free zone.
redcorvette

Post by redcorvette »

justahoby wrote:
redcorvette wrote:Whether it is real or not it was fun watching the FarmTruck stomp a rice burner, although a little scary to see how it handles at the top end.
It real, he had personal youtube videos of his POS doing 10.12 in the 1/4 before he was celebrity status...
As a matter of fact you used to find a few not to fancy 500+ cubic in 67-72 longbed c10s running wicked fast wheelstand, but now when you google his POS its all over the place... and it is fast.
Now that I see he has hoodies for sale it has to be real.
http://www.okcfarmtruck.com/