Open to topics unrelated to Speed-Talk.
No politics. No religion topics.

Moderator: Team

enigma57
Guru
Guru

A very happy Independence Day to all!

Post by enigma57 »

As we observe this Independence Day, commemorating the signing of our Declaration of Independence from British rule on 4 July, 1776...... Let us look back and recall the events from 1754 onward that led up to this Declaration and those that followed until our present Constitution was finally ratified by 9 of the original 13 states some 12 years later in 1788.

Timeline of events......

http://www.ushistory.org/declaration/re ... eline.html

American Revolutionary War 1775 - 1783 (One could also say it began in 1774 during the First Continental Congress with the Battle of Point Pleasant, Virginia when Lord Dunmore (the Royal Governor of Virginia colony) had attempted to disarm the local militia and ended in 1783 when the British finally withdrew from New York following the signing of the Treaty of Paris. However, the British continued acts of war on the high seas and elsewhere, resulting in the war of 1812, which could be considered a continuation of the Revolutionary War even though the Treaty of Paris was an agreement which both parties signed and was an official cessation of hostilities.)......

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_ ... ionary_War

War of 1812 (AKA 2nd War for Independence)......

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/War_of_1812

Declaration and Resolves of 1st Continental Congress (1774)......

http://www.ushistory.org/declaration/re ... ecres.html

Declaration of Independence (4 July, 1776)......

http://www.ushistory.org/declaration/document/

Articles of Confederation signed by 2nd Continental Congress 1777 (AKA Congress of the Confederation) and adopted (ratified by 9th of the 13 original states 1781)......

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Articles_of_Confederation

U.S. Constitution (signed 1787 by representatives to Constitutional Convention, ratified by states 1778, became effective 4 March, 1789)......

https://constitutionus.com/

https://constitutioncenter.org/learn/ed ... ution-faqs

Best regards and a very happy Independence Day to all,

Harry
Kevin Johnson
HotPass
HotPass
Re: A very happy Independence Day to all!

Post by Kevin Johnson »

Driving Force Online: BREAKING NEWS—Ohio Governor Signs SEMA-Supported Vehicle Freedom Bill Into Law!
hoodeng
HotPass
HotPass

Post by hoodeng »

We could do with one.
enigma57
Guru
Guru

Post by enigma57 »

:D It all begins with a good Irish wake the night priour where everyone gets rip roaring. Then you dress up as red Indians and toss bundles of tea into the harbour, mate.

Seriously...... I have a couple of questions regarding the center head bolt boss (siamesed intake ports) and valve shrouding. This is a Chevy inline 6 engine having similar architecture to the Holden red engine. Would like to learn more regarding how these issues were dealt with on the red engine, as I may be able to apply same principles to my engine......

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=57512

Best regards,

Harry
hoodeng
HotPass
HotPass

Post by hoodeng »

Plenty of green in my lineage,don't drink that much,, we wouldn't be throwing tea over the side, more like cars here..
But,, We could start with getting someone else's flag of ours.I have no problem with the old dart, great place, it has no link to us now though,it ditched us in trade in the 70's in favor of the European union.

I look forward to celebrating a similar day, the same as US citizens.

As for the red motor,unfortunately i am not an aficionado on car engines. As they went red, blue then black through their development ,is one of the 12 port black heads suitable? they were by far a better performer in their day.

Cheers.
Kevin Johnson
HotPass
HotPass

Post by Kevin Johnson »

Driving Force Online: BREAKING NEWS—Ohio Governor Signs SEMA-Supported Vehicle Freedom Bill Into Law!
enigma57
Guru
Guru

Post by enigma57 »

hoodeng wrote: Wed Jul 03, 2019 8:07 pm Plenty of green in my lineage,don't drink that much,, we wouldn't be throwing tea over the side, more like cars here..
But,, We could start with getting someone else's flag off ours. I have no problem with the old dart, great place, it has no link to us now though,it ditched us in trade in the 70's in favor of the European union.

I look forward to celebrating a similar day, the same as US citizens.

As for the red motor,unfortunately i am not an aficionado on car engines. As they went red, blue then black through their development ,is one of the 12 port black heads suitable? they were by far a better performer in their day.

Cheers.
:D Thanks, hoodeng! I wish we had something similar to the aftermarket Yella Terra 12-port Holden head here for our Chevy inline 6 engines. Unfortunately, we are limited to reworked OEM 9-port heads and the very nice but very expensive aftermarket Sissell 12-port aluminum heads which require equally expensive one off intake and exhaust. Not much in between.

There was a Brazilian OEM 12-port head for the Chevy inline 6, a 2 or 3 year run in the 1990s. However, my friend Diego tells me they do not flow as well as reworked 9-port siamesed port heads. Further, the Brazilian 12-port head is a thin casting and prone to cracking.

I was only kidding about getting hammered before an Aussie reenactment of our 'Boston Tea Party'. Me...... I swore off in '87. Eldest son had a problem and I felt I should set an example. He's 50 now and doing well.

I sincerely hope that you will be successful in your quest to be truly independent one day. I have friends in NSW and I know that is their wish as well as the wishes of many others there.

Best regards,

Harry
hoodeng
HotPass
HotPass

Post by hoodeng »

I understand the Australian version of the Chev 'Blue Flame' was very much an adaptation for local requirements .

There is a strong undercurrent here for a republic model, the biggest problem is the version of model we could have, another factor is those that just don't want change, its not that they are married to the union flag and head of state, it's just they can't envision what it could be.It may be different when the queen passes the reigns,she still has cred with a lot of people here [even i begrudgingly accept her stoicism]. We could start with a 'jack off' of the flag.

Just look at our last federal election, the party in opposition had already selected the new furniture and positions that they would hold, the back slapping in anticipation was palpable ,,all the pols told them they would streak in by a mile,,they did not figure on a guy coming across as honest and sincere [and open christian values] sticking to his guns, with a softly softly approach to material and social change for the country.

Their loss was explained as lies to and deception of the masses and how we just did not get their grand plan for a massive changing brave new world,,not that their policies stank. At least they did not call the voters deplorable,,just stupid.

Cheers Harry.
enigma57
Guru
Guru

Post by enigma57 »

Yes, I understand...... Self-styled elitist 'establishment' swamp rats are the same the world over. Its great fun watching them freak out and scurry about helter skelter when the will of the people upset their apple cart though, ain't it? :wink: ......

FWIW...... I wouldn't give a great deal of credence to polls. More often than not they are propaganda...... Their purpose being to shape public opinion and suppress the opposition vote rather than factual reporting.

Best regards,

Harry