Open to topics unrelated to Speed-Talk.
No politics. No religion topics.

Moderator: Team

JonKaase
Pro
Pro
Engine Masters gone

Post by JonKaase »

I just got the news that Engine Masters has been dropped from the Motor Trend Group event list.
enigma57
Guru
Guru

Re: Engine Masters gone

Post by enigma57 »

Sorry to hear that, Jon. I learned a lot working with Dan Miller and I am sure a good many other folks learned a lot from participating or perhaps just from following the builds there, as well. Mainly because the ever changing rules at any point in time forced us to do things in a way we would not have chosen to otherwise.

Best regards,

Harry
SMITHBERGRACING
Guru
Guru

Post by SMITHBERGRACING »

Sad day, but we all thought that was happening back in 2017. At least a few more years out of it for some of you. I've enjoyed the involvement for multiple years and meeting alot of people. One event I enjoyed the most!
Walter R. Malik
Guru
Guru

Post by Walter R. Malik »

exhaustgases wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 3:01 am Only problem it catered to only one side of the country, not everyone can travel the distance.
Catering is about people not land. Distance is only considered for being of interest to the most people.
The USA population centralized location is approximately the Illinois / Missouri / Kentucky border so, that contest was not that far away from there.

It is a real shame that contest is being scrapped by Motor Trend. Maybe a different entity will continue the legacy.
http://www.rmcompetition.com
Specialty engine building at its finest.
Joe-71
Pro
Pro

Post by Joe-71 »

It is too bad that someone doesn't step forward and sponsor a similar event for Vintage Class, Factory High Performance Small Block, Factory High Performance Big Block, Aftermarket Unlimited SB/BB NA, and allow racers to build their engine with whatever compression, HFT/SFT camshaft for factory blocks, HR/SR camshafts for Aftermarket blocks, and carburetion they felt would produce the most HP/CI in the class. Sensible prize money for first three place winners in each class, instead of one huge amount for first place overall. It is more about the sharing of information and ideas, and actually writing a magazine article with correct information and pictures for everyone to see, so the business/hobby/sport of engine building continues to evolve and inspire young folks to take up the challenge to compete. I used to look forward to the Engine Masters Magazine coming out with a breakdown of all the participant's engines and what they did to make the power. Joe-JDC
Joe-71
1989TransAm
Guru
Guru

Post by 1989TransAm »

I am sorry to see the event go. I always found it quite interesting.
Walter R. Malik
Guru
Guru

It is coming back but, under a different name because Motor Trend would not give their copyright to anyone else.
It lives to be now known as "Masters of Motors".
Kevin Johnson
HotPass
HotPass

Post by Kevin Johnson »

Walter R. Malik wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 11:30 am It is coming back but, under a different name because Motor Trend would not give their copyright to anyone else.
#Randy
Driving Force Online: BREAKING NEWS—Ohio Governor Signs SEMA-Supported Vehicle Freedom Bill Into Law!
1989TransAm
Guru
Guru

Post by 1989TransAm »

Walter R. Malik wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 11:30 am It is coming back but, under a different name because Motor Trend would not give their copyright to anyone else.
That is good news.
Walter R. Malik
Guru
Guru

GLHS60 wrote: Wed Dec 18, 2019 3:54 am
Dumbest name possible, at least their application form refers to Engines.

Thanks
Randy
The people in charge wanted to change the name to something identifiable to the former Engine Masters.
When a few of us got an Email asking for our thoughts, I gave mine and that name was probably chosen from one of the others.
Mine was "Engine Crafters Dyno Competition" which was probably deemed to long.

Anyway, just that it is back is the important thing to most of us.
Kevin Johnson
HotPass
HotPass

Post by Kevin Johnson »

I like the new name. =D>
Driving Force Online: BREAKING NEWS—Ohio Governor Signs SEMA-Supported Vehicle Freedom Bill Into Law!
Kevin Johnson
HotPass
HotPass

Post by Kevin Johnson »

Kevin Johnson
HotPass
HotPass

Post by Kevin Johnson »

Dave Koehler
Vendor

Post by Dave Koehler »

Thank you, [bow} Thank you.
I would like to thank all the little people I stepped on the to earn this coveted MoM award.
Dave Koehler - Koehler Injection
Enderle Fuel Injection - Nitrous Charger - Balancing - Nitrous Master software
http://www.koehlerinjection.com
"Never let a race car know that you are in a hurry."
Kevin Johnson
HotPass
HotPass

Post by Kevin Johnson »