Open to topics unrelated to Speed-Talk.
No politics. No religion topics.

Moderator: Team

1989TransAm
Guru
Guru

Re: Engine Masters gone

Post by 1989TransAm »

"Virtually every OEM makes good 2.0 turbo-4s these days, there's a lot of fertile ground for performance upgrades there. Hell, you can get a Camaro and a Mustang with good turbo-4s now, and they're really affordable used."

I agree with that. It is amazing the power they are getting out of the turbo 4 cylinder engines these days. A modern day Offenhauser? :D
Walter R. Malik
Guru
Guru

Post by Walter R. Malik »

Joe-71 wrote: Sun Jan 05, 2020 11:54 am Hot Rod Magazine just came out with results of 2019 EMC, and it shows why there is loss of interest with many errors, minimal coverage, and yet several pages of Tucker, C-10, Firebird, Drag Week, etc. Good riddance! Hopefully the JE Pistons version will be less biased and have better coverage. Joe-71
The biggest differences which I was told ... is the reasoning that the former contest was about selling magazines and satisfying whatever readers while the newer contest will be aimed toward the engine builders and exposing availability of whatever parts will advance power.

We'll just have to see.
http://www.rmcompetition.com
Specialty engine building at its finest.
Joe-71
Pro
Pro

Post by Joe-71 »

I received an e-mail from JE Pistons about the upcoming Masters of Motors in September at JE Pistons in Mentor Ohio. Hopefully the new rules will be conducive to building another entry, and going to the competition. I rather enjoyed all the folks the last three or four years, and would like to see a successful series continue. Hopefully there will be enough interest to generate a good competition. Maybe Jon K will build a Ford this year. LOL. Joe-71
Joe-71