Open to topics unrelated to Speed-Talk.
No politics. No religion topics.

Moderator: Team

pdq67
Guru
Guru
Re: "Masters Of Motors" class rules released

Post by pdq67 »

Kinda like Kaase's MEL engine with the 1" thick, "Head Gaskets"!!

Gimmie a break.....

A cleaned up crank should be either +/- .015"! AND only if you run smaller STOCK bearings!

Like a SBC crank cut from 2.1" down to 2.0" with a .015" stroke increase!

Or the other way by cutting the crank down to use .030" undersize rod bearings for a .015" stroke decrease...

(I hope I explain this right??)....

Oh, I forgot about the one year only Pontiac 336" engine being de-bored to 326. Anybody know why Pontiac did it??

pdq67
RAMM
Expert
Expert

Post by RAMM »

Any list released yet? J.Rob
New and improved website under construction.Check the blog for relevant info
http://skmfxengines.blogspot.com/
Walter R. Malik
Guru
Guru

Post by Walter R. Malik »

RAMM wrote: Sat Apr 11, 2020 4:52 pm Any list released yet? J.Rob
They have changed their application period to extend to May 15th.

The accepted applicants will now be announced on May 22nd.
http://www.rmcompetition.com
Specialty engine building at its finest.
RAMM
Expert
Expert

Post by RAMM »

Walter R. Malik wrote: Wed Apr 15, 2020 3:08 pm
RAMM wrote: Sat Apr 11, 2020 4:52 pm Any list released yet? J.Rob
They have changed their application period to extend to May 15th.

The accepted applicants will now be announced on May 22nd.
I was really hoping we would have heard something like --It's still on! By now

But we haven't heard a peep most likely due to this virus hoax--oops I mean scamdemic--oops I mean plandemic--oops damn it I mean pandemic.

And now with the civil unrest due to the race baiting going on I am fully sure that North America is under attack from within. I include Canada in this as we are just as [DELETE THIS POST]. I really hope the JE pistons tells us we are full steam ahead. J.Rob
Walter R. Malik
Guru
Guru

RAMM wrote: Sun May 31, 2020 10:24 am

But we haven't heard a peep most likely due to this virus hoax--oops I mean scamdemic--oops I mean plandemic--oops damn it I mean pandemic.

And now with the civil unrest due to the race baiting going on I am fully sure that North America is under attack from within. I include Canada in this as we are just as [DELETE THIS POST]. I really hope the JE pistons tells us we are full steam ahead. J.Rob
I have heard that there are mass personal changes happening at the JE Piston facility in California so, they are probably trying to get themselves in order first.
Walter R. Malik
Guru
Guru

Walter R. Malik wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 2:51 pm

I have heard that there are mass personal changes happening at the JE Piston facility in California so, they are probably trying to get themselves in order first.
I have just heard that they are going to postpone this years competition until 2021. Apparently nothing else will change except we will have more time to get an engine ready ... IF an acceptance list ever surfaces.
RAMM
Expert
Expert

Post by RAMM »

Walter R. Malik wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 4:17 pm

I have just heard that they are going to postpone this years competition until 2021. Apparently nothing else will change except we will have more time to get an engine ready ... IF an acceptance list ever surfaces.
I'm hoping that if "we" competitors have an extra year to build better engines --then "they" can perhaps change the payout for the better. J.Rob
Walter R. Malik
Guru
Guru

RAMM wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 9:16 pm
Walter R. Malik wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 4:17 pm

I'm hoping that if "we" competitors have an extra year to build better engines --then "they" can perhaps change the payout for the better. J.Rob
YES ... Personally I would like to see it not so "top heavy" and some go down a little.
pdq67
Guru
Guru

Post by pdq67 »

GLHS60 wrote: Mon Mar 16, 2020 5:59 pm GM management issued a 1964 edict that intermediate car Engines must not exceed 330 CID.

The 336 Engine in the 1963 Tempest was originally a de bored Pontiac 370 used in GMC trucks.

Pontiac needed a quick fix V8 for the 1963 Tempest as the Aluminum Buick V8 Engine was costly.

The 336 filled this need as it was structurally the same as their Slant 4 base Engine.

The 336 was de bored to comply with the edict and reduced in displacement to 326 CID.

The 1964 GTO was an end run around the edict as the 389 Engine was part of the GTO option.

The GTO was so successful that the edict was increased to 400 CID and finally released for 1970.

So I guess its no coincidence Buick, Olds and Pontiac all built 400 Engines and Chevy a 396.

Thanks
Randy
Thanks Randy!

Very interesting.

I keep forgetting that Pontiac V-8's were installed in a lot of P/U's and such back then.

pdq67