No politics. No religion topics.

Moderator: Team

maxc

Re: Corona

Post by maxc »

enigma57
Guru
Guru

Vaccines close to being available - Will you take them? Or will you take a 'wait and see' approach?

Post by enigma57 »

https://thefederalistpapers.org/us/doct ... ses-needed

Just curious...... Now that there are a couple vaccines close to being made available to the public...... What are y'alls thoughts on them?

Will you opt to be vaccinated? Or will you take a 'wait and see' approach?

I have my own thoughts on this as do we all. Just wondering what y'all are thinking about it.

Thanks in advance for sharing your perspective on this most important question.

Best regards to all,

Harry
Kevin Johnson
HotPass
HotPass
Re: Vaccines close to being available - Will you take them? Or will you take a 'wait and see' approach?

Post by Kevin Johnson »

I figure an extra arm or leg would be useful.

:wink:

I would take the vaccine.

enigma57 wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 3:10 am https://thefederalistpapers.org/us/doct ... ses-needed

Just curious...... Now that there are a couple vaccines close to being made available to the public...... What are y'alls thoughts on them?

Will you opt to be vaccinated? Or will you take a 'wait and see' approach?

I have my own thoughts on this as do we all. Just wondering what y'all are thinking about it.

Thanks in advance for sharing your perspective on this most important question.

Best regards to all,

Harry
Driving Force Online: BREAKING NEWS—Ohio Governor Signs SEMA-Supported Vehicle Freedom Bill Into Law!
prairiehotrodder
Guru
Guru

Post by prairiehotrodder »

i don't subscribe to any particular conspiracy theory, but i know when i'm being lied to. The lies are flowing thick and fast where i come from. I have been vaccinated many times in my life for various things, but i wouldn't touch this vaccine with a 10 foot pole.
Brian
The Word of God is quick and powerfull
www.therocketshop.blogspot.com
HS Nova
Expert
Expert

Post by HS Nova »

It will go away in the summer with the heat.
enigma57
Guru
Guru

Post by enigma57 »

I was in process of going back into military service near the end of December, 1975. Youngest son was born premature on 17th Dec. and was in hospital incubator hooked up to so many tubes I couldn't count them. I came down with strep-throat the following week and was given 30 days advance leave priour to reporting for duty.

That was the year the Carter administration flipped out and rushed a new batch of flu vaccine out without taking the time to thoroughly test it beforehand. Because of the timing, I missed the flu shots when I arrived in California for indoc and was then assigned sea duty and reported to the fleet.

The man upstairs was watching over us. Son came through OK and is a Grandpa in his mid-40s now. And I missed the flu shot that year. As I recall, the flu shot was a disaster and more people died from the vaccination than from the flu that year. So I am leaning towards Brian's approach on the vaccine for the Wuhan coronavirus. And for the same reasons.

That's just my take on it. I don't want my comments to influence anyone else's decision. We must all decide such matters on our own.

Best regards to all,

Harry
Kevin Johnson
HotPass
HotPass

Post by Kevin Johnson »

https://biotech.law.lsu.edu/cphl/histor ... lu_all.pdf

enigma57 wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 6:36 am I was in process of going back into military service near the end of December, 1975. Youngest son was born premature on 17th Dec. and was in hospital incubator hooked up to so many tubes I couldn't count them. I came down with strep-throat the following week and was given 30 days advance leave priour to reporting for duty.

That was the year the Carter administration flipped out and rushed a new batch of flu vaccine out without taking the time to thoroughly test it beforehand. Because of the timing, I missed the flu shots when I arrived in California for indoc and was then assigned sea duty and reported to the fleet.

The man upstairs was watching over us. Son came through OK and is a Grandpa in his mid-40s now. And I missed the flu shot that year. As I recall, the flu shot was a disaster and more people died from the vaccination than from the flu that year. So I am leaning towards Brian's approach on the vaccine for the Wuhan coronavirus. And for the same reasons.

That's just my take on it. I don't want my comments to influence anyone else's decision. We must all decide such matters on our own.

Best regards to all,

Harry
Driving Force Online: BREAKING NEWS—Ohio Governor Signs SEMA-Supported Vehicle Freedom Bill Into Law!
Dave Koehler
Vendor

Post by Dave Koehler »

Having never had a flu shot I will pass. Do I get the flu? Once every few years.

Britain just gave the OK to the Pfiser vaccine.
Good news is that they will likely get it first.
We will be able to see if it works or it becomes 28 Days Later there. :roll:
Dave Koehler - Koehler Injection
Enderle Fuel Injection - Nitrous Charger - Balancing - Nitrous Master software
http://www.koehlerinjection.com
"Never let a race car know that you are in a hurry."
enigma57
Guru
Guru

Post by enigma57 »

Yep, remember it well, Kevin. Reported to my 1st shipboard duty station early March, 1976 and by the grace of G-d, did not receive the vaccine. We were working around the clock to keep the subs on station to oppose their Soviet counterparts and simply could not be spared to be off work recovering from side effects of the vaccine.

At times, we would have the nuke fast attack boats in the floating dry dock because the Soviets had purposely collided with them. We referred to this as 'playing chicken' and typically the large sonar dome at the bow would be caved in. Or if one of the Soviet 'trawlers' (these were actually armed intelligence gathering ships patrolling off our coast gathering intel by listening in to military signal traffic)...... They would attempt to ram our subs if they caught one on the surface or just below at periscope / snorkel depth.

Typically, a sub rammed at periscope depth would have significant damage to the upper portion of the sail or conning tower and to periscopes and snorkel masts. And various 'cover stories' given to the press ranging from 'collided with an underwater mountain' to 'collided with towed STASS listening device'. All of this was total BS of course, but in any case, we were working around the clock to repair the subs and get them ready for sea. Plus regular maintenance and SHIPALTs (adding or modifying equipment). So we were understaffed and could not be spared to recover from the side effects of the vaccine which by that time were becoming evident.

Best regards,

Harry