corona cure?

Open to topics unrelated to Speed-Talk.
No politics. No religion topics.

Moderator: Team

Dave Koehler
Vendor

corona cure?

Post by Dave Koehler »

Ran across this. As a metals person I found it interesting. I need to dig deeper to see if there is any corroboration somewhere.
What say you?

https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/xgqk ... ket-newtab
Dave Koehler - Koehler Injection
Enderle Fuel Injection - Nitrous Charger - Balancing - Nitrous Master software
http://www.koehlerinjection.com
"Never let a race car know that you are in a hurry."
Kevin Johnson
HotPass
HotPass
Re: corona cure?

Post by Kevin Johnson »

Dave Koehler wrote: Fri Mar 20, 2020 8:42 pm Ran across this. As a metals person I found it interesting. I need to dig deeper to see if there is any corroboration somewhere.
What say you?

http://theconversation.com/copper-is-gr ... e-it-73103
Driving Force Online: BREAKING NEWS—Ohio Governor Signs SEMA-Supported Vehicle Freedom Bill Into Law!
DCal
Expert
Expert

Post by DCal »

I find it very interesting. About 25 years ago half the people that I knew had copper bracelets, I scoffed of course--just another California fad. But maybe not huh?
Dave Koehler
Vendor

Post by Dave Koehler »

While I knew several people that swore by those for arthritis it pretty much has been dispelled as useful for that. Panacea effect possibly.
Found a piece of copper on hand. Set it on my desk to ward off evil. :D
Dave Koehler - Koehler Injection
Enderle Fuel Injection - Nitrous Charger - Balancing - Nitrous Master software
http://www.koehlerinjection.com
"Never let a race car know that you are in a hurry."
Kevin Johnson
HotPass
HotPass

Post by Kevin Johnson »

Copper spittoons,
Driving Force Online: BREAKING NEWS—Ohio Governor Signs SEMA-Supported Vehicle Freedom Bill Into Law!
enigma57
Guru
Guru

Post by enigma57 »

FWIW...... Ibuprophen (Motrin/Advil) is said to make the Wuhan Coronavirus worse. Take Aspirin or Acetaminophen (Tylenol) if you need something for pain/fever/inflammation until this thing runs its course.

As for preventatives, just take good care of yourself, get plenty of rest and take reasonable precautions to prevent or minimize your exposure to the virus.

I don't take vitamin supplements personally, but have heard that Vitamin C and D-3 may be helpful if you have a vitamin deficiency.

I do have a couple 10 oz. Schweppes tonic waters each day since this virus was unleashed on us. Not enough quinine content for a therapeutic dose. But tasty and can't hurt.

Stay well,

Harry
gruntguru
Guru
Guru

Post by gruntguru »

On a similar note.
Some researchers believe that a signifiant proportion of the 1918 flu deaths were victims of aspirin poisoning. It was fairly new at the time and pushed as a panacea. Little was known about toxicity dose limits.
Kevin Johnson
HotPass
HotPass

Post by Kevin Johnson »

gruntguru wrote: Wed May 20, 2020 5:06 am On a similar note.
Some researchers believe that a signifiant proportion of the 1918 flu deaths were victims of aspirin poisoning. It was fairly new at the time and pushed as a panacea. Little was known about toxicity dose limits.
https://academic.oup.com/cid/article/49/9/1405/301441

Click on the PDF icon if you would like a free full text copy of the paper.
modok
Guru
Guru

Post by modok »

Dave Koehler wrote: Fri Mar 20, 2020 8:42 pm Ran across this. As a metals person I found it interesting. I need to dig deeper to see if there is any corroboration somewhere.
What say you?

copper door handles are a great idea, copper keys, copper money. copper cookware, silverware, cups, copper pipes. Sometimes seems like people in the past were smarter than we are now.

If I recall correctly you did not react well to the treated lumber indecent, and it may have been copper.
Very fine dust of copper, fine enough to can get INSIDE, penetrate through the skin or get deep inside the lungs, that can be anywhere from slightly bad to very bad.
pdq67
Guru
Guru

Post by pdq67 »

modok wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 3:33 am
What say you?

copper door handles are a great idea, copper keys, copper money. copper cookware, silverware, cups, copper pipes. Sometimes seems like people in the past were smarter than we are now.

If I recall correctly you did not react well to the treated lumber indecent, and it may have been copper.
Very fine dust of copper, fine enough to can get INSIDE, penetrate through the skin or get deep inside the lungs, that can be anywhere from slightly bad to very bad.
It was CCA treated lumber used for decks and such. It's a light greenish color.

C&P...

"Regulation of CCA Treated Wood Preservatives that contain arsenic, chromium and copper have been used to pressure-treat lumber in the United States since the 1940's. Before 2003, CCA-treated wood was commonly used to build decks and play-sets in residential areas."
BCjohnny
Guru
Guru

Post by BCjohnny »

If your adjoining neighbour has a 'problem' tree it has not been unknown for someone to knock a copper nail in the base of the trunk, apparently

Few years later ...... no more problem
gruntguru
Guru
Guru

Post by gruntguru »

The value of Zinc for treating the common cold and influenza was established a long time ago. It is currently being used for Corona Virus.
Kevin Johnson
HotPass
HotPass

Post by Kevin Johnson »

BCjohnny wrote: Wed Jul 22, 2020 9:40 am If your adjoining neighbour has a 'problem' tree it has not been unknown for someone to knock a copper nail in the base of the trunk, apparently

Few years later ...... no more problem
Watch out for the returned "thank-you" blessing of bamboo or, perhaps, kudzu. :wink:
enigma57
Guru
Guru

Post by enigma57 »

Points well taken, Paul. In my view, we must also give due consideration to the fact that this latest virus is in fact a bio agent. Nothing happenstance about it. Once you realize that, the way it acts is highly predictable, as its doing exactly what the ChiComs designed it to do. Including the mutations that can reinfect those who have already had and survived the initial strain.

Best regards,

Harry
pdq67
Guru
Guru

Post by pdq67 »

All said and done!

Did the, "Chi-Com's", release this virus on us?

If so, something should be done about it.

But what, I don't know??

Better go buy a couple more SKS's or AK-47's and several spam cans of ammo for them. Be prepared is all.

pdq67