Verstappen wins British GP at Silverstone!

Open to topics unrelated to Speed-Talk.
No politics. No religion topics.

Moderator: Team

gnash
Verstappen wins British GP at Silverstone!

Post by gnash »

Max Verstappen wins Brittans Silverstone Formula 1 race!
Formula 1, the tightly regulated racing class, displayed an exciting race Sunday with Red Bulls Max Verstappen taking the checkered flag for the Formula 1 class.
Ferraris Leclerc finished second with an impressive drive followed by Renaults Daniel Ricciardo.
Here are the top 10 results for class Formula 1 Silverstone, Sunday August 2, 2020

1 Max Verstappen Red Bull #33
2 C. Leclerc Ferrari #16
3 D. Ricciardo Renault #3
4 L. Norris McLaren #4
5 E. Ocon Renault #31
6 P Gasly Alpha Tauri #10
7 A. Albo Red Bull #23
8 L. Stroll Racing Point #18
9 S. Vettel Ferrari #5
10 G. Russel Williams #63

Formula Farse, the unpopular and rather boring sort-of "unlimited" class for cars that do not meet technical restrictions or comply with the "sprit of the regulations" set forth by the FIA, and are rarely penalized for track infractions like false starts or exceeding track limits, finished as follows

First Car No. 44
Second Car No. 77
BCjohnny
Guru
Guru

Re: Verstappen wins British GP at Silverstone!

Post by BCjohnny »

And your point is .....?

Another formulaic pile of crap that is destroying motorsport as we know it ......

Simply because 'technology' is irrevocably slowing everything down .... welcome to the new normal
hoodeng
HotPass
HotPass

Re: Verstappen wins British GP at Silverstone!

Post by hoodeng »

The results i saw had Lewis Hamilton first, he also did it with a flat front left tyre, or not much left of one. I have not read anywhere that he was disqualified?

Some think Formula one is boring, it gets me in every time! this stuff happens at a pace very few are capable of performing at.
I think the formula would be even more exciting if they adopted a few basic rules and let the manufacturers go nuts with what they could fit in a few parameters, one rule could be a rectangle marked out on the ground to set dimensions, what you can fit in that box is whatever you like, active wings, ground effects, blown diffusers,tyres,recovery brakes etc. another, give an engine capacity, say, 1500cc+ mandated fuel + four per season and the manufacturer can do whatever he likes to it, materials, turbos, pre and post boost, energy recovery, squeeze that sucker till its near ready to burst and back off a touch.

I have to say Lewis Hamilton is in a league of his own at the moment, he also has a good car, but i reckon you could put him in one that tends to qualify at the back of the grid and he could get it a fair way up the pack by races end.

Cheers.