Just went outside and saw a Fox.

Way cool by me..

pdq67
HS Nova
Expert
Expert
Re: A Fox..

Post by HS Nova »

I saw a possum this morning, Boy are they ugly.
enigma57
Guru
Guru

Post by enigma57 »

pdq67 wrote: Sun Aug 16, 2020 6:47 am Just went outside and saw a Fox.

Way cool by me..

pdq67

:D Sorry, Paul! Couldn't resist!

HB
Kevin Johnson
HotPass
HotPass

Post by Kevin Johnson »

https://www.semasan.com/breaking-news-archives?utm_campaign=DrivingForce_DF272&utm_content=SeeAllLeg
pdq67
Guru
Guru

Post by pdq67 »

I was out walking this afternoon after mowing our yard in the morning and saw a young groundhog crossing the street.

I would really like to have one as a pet, BUT they are wild! I got to pet one at the DNR exhibit one year at the MO State Fair.

We had a family of them under our driveway over in the old neighborhood. Cute little guys to watch at a distance, but they do dig up stuff.

i ran them off by putting a can of naphthalene mothball crystals in their hole.

Oh, and btw, a green tree snake climbing a tree is a sight to behold!!

pdq67
Chris_Hamilton
Pro
Pro

Post by Chris_Hamilton »

Earlier this year I was out for a jog one evening around dusk and when I turned the corner to go down a dead end road there was a Fox in the middle of the road. No big surprise as there are a bunch of them around here but it surprised him and he let out a howl. Never heard one do that before. :) Got to the end of the road and there was a black bear that was huge! Little bit scary running into one of them.
Around here where I live in Southside Va near the Carolina border there are a lot of different animals. Black bears (some of them are really big too), fox, deer, lots of coyotes, bobcats and and my neighbor down the road even claimed they have seen mountain lions. Those are exceedingly rare but the guy who told me this isn't one to make stuff up. Saw it on a tree. :shock: A bobcat howling in the middle of the night is one of the most god awful sounds I have ever heard.
High quality metal, body and paint work
http://www.spiuserforum.com/index.php?t ... inia.9030/
pdq67
Guru
Guru

Post by pdq67 »

Chris,

I figure life is good when I can go out and see a bunch of different, "critters", as, "Elly May", would say!

My Mom and I raised two little racoons on the farm, they were a hoot!

They were given to us with their eyes still closed, they were that little.

Mom used a doll baby bottle to feed them until they got big enough to eat stuff.

My wife's uncle that was a, "hide hunter", had a little female that was tame and she came and went throughout their house.

She would crawl right up in your lap for petting until she got old enough to breed, then she just kind of left to be on her own. Beautiful little racoon.

pdq67
pdq67
Guru
Guru

Post by pdq67 »

I guess I need to get a big sack of raw peanuts and sit out on our back deck and wait to hand feed our squirrels.

And one year under my bird feeder there was a Blue Racer. Not near as big as a Black Snake, but dam, it was beautiful. I had never seen one before.

I would like to have either one as a pet, to me they are that cool.

I once caught a Black Snake and I thought it was funny how it tried to curl around my arm and constrict me.

After like 5 minutes, it figured out that I wasn't going to hurt it, it calmed down and was fine by me handling it.

I later let it go.

pdq67