Open to topics unrelated to Speed-Talk.
No politics. No religion topics.

Moderator: Team

BCjohnny
Guru
Guru

This morning

Post by BCjohnny »

It's Remembrance Sunday here, today, when we pay our respects to the fallen .... 'remember the dead'

In these strange times, all 'official' activities were suspended, ..... and extended informal gatherings can't take place

As I took the little 'un around on her government mandated exercise allowance this morning ...... we're now back down in 'lockdown' ..... we happened to stumble across the town cenotaph, just before eleven, as you do

Funnily enough around five hundred other people had made a similar choice ...... who'd have thought

The British Legion happened to turn up as well .... one brought a trumpet, which he played for a while ...... seemed to suit the mood quite well

Even the local MP turned up ...... I really didn't think he was the 'type' to go rogue ..... but he seemed genuine enough

Amazingly, for otherwise such simple people who obviously need to be told what to do, the majority observed appropriate and sensible decorum

She did me proud, at six none of this probably makes much sense, kept quiet for a whole two minutes ....... almost :)