Open to topics unrelated to Speed-Talk.
No politics. No religion topics.

Moderator: Team

jed
HotPass
HotPass

Covid 19

Post by jed »

Just thought I'd let ST know covid 19 is real. I was tested positive 12/22. Mild symptoms but just feel bad. I had antibody therapy on Saturday with the hopes of symptoms not getting worse.
Stay safe and protect your self you don't want this vires.
HS Nova
Expert
Expert
Re: Covid 19

Post by HS Nova »

hoping u have a speedy recovery.
jed
HotPass
HotPass

Post by jed »

A short up date. it's been 16 days sence I was confirmed positive and have NO symptoms. I need a negative test to be able
to go back to work, that should happen tomorrow. I am serious thinking of having the vaccine shot. I don't want to go through this again.
Stay safe.
prairiehotrodder
Guru
Guru

Post by prairiehotrodder »

if you already had the virus, shouldn't your immune system be protecting you from the virus now ?
The Word of God is quick and powerfull
www.therocketshop.blogspot.com
HS Nova
Expert
Expert

Post by HS Nova »

prairiehotrodder wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 3:54 pm if you already had the virus, shouldn't your immune system be protecting you from the virus now ?
people have gotten covid more than once.
jed
HotPass
HotPass

Post by jed »

Yes and Yes. The science says if you have had the virus you are immune. Reality says people have gotten the virus again
after having it before. I don't know what to believe.
Dave Koehler
Vendor

Post by Dave Koehler »

jed wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 5:44 pm Yes and Yes. The science says if you have had the virus you are immune. Reality says people have gotten the virus again
after having it before. I don't know what to believe.
Your last sentence says all there is to say about how we have been kept "informed".
Do what you think is best for you and yours.
Dave Koehler - Koehler Injection
Enderle Fuel Injection - Nitrous Charger - Balancing - Nitrous Master software
http://www.koehlerinjection.com
"Never let a race car know that you are in a hurry."
jed
HotPass
HotPass

Post by jed »

I don't want to go into a rant. I don't trust 'many almost any' media sources of information. I follow Dr Mercola
and his web sight for true and unbiased covid reporting. jmo
I am 78 years old and I said I am considering taking the vaccine. My wife and 3 adult sons will have to make their own
decision of which I will respect.
I would encourage everyone not to be affrade of covid but to have respect it. it can make your life miserable.
stay safe
Dave Koehler
Vendor

Post by Dave Koehler »

Take heart Jed
While it is real with the media instilling needless fear in the population It may come to nothing.
The testing procedure and accuracy have been questioned several times over this past year along with the inflated numbers.
Here is the latest research
https://www.theepochtimes.com/study-on- ... 45089.html
gmrocket
Guru
Guru

Post by gmrocket »

jed wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 12:00 pm I don't want to go into a rant. I don't trust 'many almost any' media sources of information. I follow Dr Mercola
and his web sight for true and unbiased covid reporting. jmo
I am 78 years old and I said I am considering taking the vaccine. My wife and 3 adult sons will have to make their own
decision of which I will respect.
I would encourage everyone not to be affrade of covid but to have respect it. it can make your life miserable.
stay safe
So you’re 78 years old and survived the virus...which puts you into the 99.89% or whatever it is that survives it.

The vaccines are about 94% effective

So your own ,old, immune system was 5%+ better at fighting off the virus than the best vaccine we have

It’s a crazy world we are living in now...
gruntguru
Guru
Guru

Post by gruntguru »

A 78 year old has 220 times the risk of death compared to a 20 year old. https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-nc ... y-age.html

That doesn't mean a 78 year old has 100% risk and it doesn't mean a 20 year old has zero risk. Every case is different.
FC-Pilot
HotPass
HotPass

Post by FC-Pilot »

My former boss passed away yesterday, massive heart attack. They are trying to rule it COVID-19 as he had the antibodies from having it last month. Shameful!

Paul
"It's a fine line between clever and stupid." David St. Hubbins
prairiehotrodder
Guru
Guru

Post by prairiehotrodder »

my father in law who is 65 had a heart attack a month ago. Went by ambulance to the hospital and they did 4 covid tests and kept wheeling him down to the covid ward. Each one came back negative. Finally they started treating him like a heart attack victim and found 5 blockages in his heart. They gave him some pills and sent him home. They only do half as many heart surgeries now because they are to busy with covid. And by "busy with covid" i mean following all the rules, regulations, guidelines and protocalls that we all know and love. He is a much loved Dad and Grandfather and we are praying he doesn't die before they can finally get the surgery done that he needs.
Brian
The Word of God is quick and powerfull
www.therocketshop.blogspot.com
Dave Koehler
Vendor

Post by Dave Koehler »

Geeze, that sucks Prairie
Seems like 1: They don't trust the test. 2: Seemed determined to blame the chinese virus for everything.
gruntguru
Guru
Guru

Post by gruntguru »

FC-Pilot wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 1:22 am My former boss passed away yesterday, massive heart attack. They are trying to rule it COVID-19 as he had the antibodies from having it last month. Shameful!
No, not shameful.
"THEY" are the front line health workers, risking their own lives in the fight to save others.
"THEY" are the real experts looking at the evidence. https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-nc ... fects.html (as opposed to forum experts and conspiracy theorists)

"The most commonly reported long-term symptoms include:
Fatigue
Shortness of breath
Cough
Joint pain
Chest pain

Other reported long-term symptoms include:
Difficulty with thinking and concentration (sometimes referred to as “brain fog”)
Depression
Muscle pain
Headache
Intermittent fever
Fast-beating or pounding heart (also known as heart palpitations)

More serious long-term complications appear to be less common but have been reported. These have been noted to affect different organ systems in the body. These include:
Cardiovascular: inflammation of the heart muscle
Respiratory: lung function abnormalities
Renal: acute kidney injury
Dermatologic: rash, hair loss
Neurological: smell and taste problems, sleep issues, difficulty with concentration, memory problems
Psychiatric: depression, anxiety, changes in mood
The long-term significance of these effects is not yet known. CDC will continue active investigation and provide updates as new data emerge, which can inform COVID-19 clinical care as well as the public health response to COVID-19."