No politics. No religion topics.

Moderator: Team

FC-Pilot
HotPass
HotPass

Re: Covid 19

Post by FC-Pilot »

gruntguru wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 4:58 pm
FC-Pilot wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 1:22 am My former boss passed away yesterday, massive heart attack. They are trying to rule it COVID-19 as he had the antibodies from having it last month. Shameful!
No, not shameful.
"THEY" are the front line health workers, risking their own lives in the fight to save others.
"THEY" are the real experts looking at the evidence. https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-nc ... fects.html (as opposed to forum experts and conspiracy theorists)

"The most commonly reported long-term symptoms include:
Fatigue
Shortness of breath
Cough
Joint pain
Chest pain

Other reported long-term symptoms include:
Difficulty with thinking and concentration (sometimes referred to as “brain fog”)
Depression
Muscle pain
Headache
Intermittent fever
Fast-beating or pounding heart (also known as heart palpitations)

More serious long-term complications appear to be less common but have been reported. These have been noted to affect different organ systems in the body. These include:
Cardiovascular: inflammation of the heart muscle
Respiratory: lung function abnormalities
Renal: acute kidney injury
Dermatologic: rash, hair loss
Neurological: smell and taste problems, sleep issues, difficulty with concentration, memory problems
Psychiatric: depression, anxiety, changes in mood
The long-term significance of these effects is not yet known. CDC will continue active investigation and provide updates as new data emerge, which can inform COVID-19 clinical care as well as the public health response to COVID-19."
Three of my immediate family members are “front line workers”. One doctor and two nurses. Being that my friend was a family friend, and they know all the details as two were directly contacted by the family to help translate all the medical “speak”, they are appalled. I appreciate your considerations for the safety of front line workers. They are giving of themselves as they always have. But when hospital directors are giving primary cause or secondary cause of death while sitting in their home and overriding the medical professionals actually treating the patients, that is where I have cause for concern. That is shameful. Being that a “Covid related death” gets the hospital an extra payout from the govt. these directors are pushing to label deaths as Covid deaths when there is no proof that they truly were.

I don’t doubt for one minute that many have died or been affected by the disease.

On a side note, there not been any deaths this year from the common cold or the yearly flu. So we got that going for us!👍

Paul
"It's a fine line between clever and stupid." David St. Hubbins
Kevin Johnson
HotPass
HotPass

Post by Kevin Johnson »

gruntguru wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 4:58 pm ...
"THEY" are the real experts looking at the evidence. https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-nc ... fects.html (as opposed to forum experts and conspiracy theorists)
I would exercise caution in attributing omniscience to the CDC "experts." I speak from first-hand experience.

Several years ago I received a "live" shingles vaccine and transmitted it to Samantha as chicken pox (she never had it as a child). The CDC expert was a retired Mayo Clinic doctor who opined that such a transmission had never occurred (adult to adult). The case was clinically diagnosed, reported to the county health department and then the state health department and then the CDC. This individual refused to alter his published remarks or even communicate about it.

The reason this is important is that it is qualitatively (and empirically) different to present that something, while theoretically possible, has never actually occurred versus it being rare but HAS actually occurred.

No conspiracy theory -- first person testimony.
Driving Force Online: BREAKING NEWS—Ohio Governor Signs SEMA-Supported Vehicle Freedom Bill Into Law!
Kevin Johnson
HotPass
HotPass

Post by Kevin Johnson »

FC-Pilot wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 11:27 pm ...
On a side note, there not been any deaths this year from the common cold or the yearly flu. So we got that going for us!👍

Paul
I am sorry to hear about your boss.

On another forum I actually defended the CDC as still separating out influenza data. I went to the trouble of pulling up their graphs/data and identifying the variables plotted.

The rebuttal was on the order of "I'm rubber, you're glue..."

I do not have time for that.
Driving Force Online: BREAKING NEWS—Ohio Governor Signs SEMA-Supported Vehicle Freedom Bill Into Law!
jed
HotPass
HotPass

Post by jed »

WOW!! Gruntguru I am very thankful I have almost none of the long term symptoms of course it's hasen't been a month sence being tested positive. December 21 was the day I tested positive. My longest lasting symptoms were fatigue and shortness of breath but those were not bad but I am now noticing I am having trouble recalling common words that should be readily avaible. However in minutes I can recal that word. I have a friend that has a saying "of all the things I ever lost I miss my mind the most" lol
I am returning to work part time on Monday. Work has always been therapeutic to me as I can focus on something other than
my problems.
Prairie, Sorry to hear about your father in law. I have heard that hospitals get government compensation, considerable, if a covid patient dies while in their care. That is one reason why the death rate are so high in the US. Example, a man who was in a sever motorcycle accident was taken to the hospital and died. He eather had vovid or had have it but was ruled a covid death.
However right now I am doing fine. We'll see long term.
Stay safe and healthy.
justahoby
HotPass
HotPass
Location: In Stephenville, Texas, USA from Thunder Bay, Canada

Post by justahoby »

I went in for a sinus infection . My first clue was I could not smell or taste. After my sinuses burning for a few days I am bored at home quarantined.

This i believe you can get more than once. It was a year ago January I was sick with similar symptoms plus a dry cough and the shits. Then covid was like "over there " supposedly. Probably brought that back with me overseas when I was in Asia February
As I'm approaching 40,I still think I'm 20. What the hell is wrong with me?
Kevin Johnson
HotPass
HotPass

Post by Kevin Johnson »

justahoby wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 12:14 am I went in for a sinus infection . My first clue was I could not smell or taste. After my sinuses burning for a few days I am bored at home quarantined.

This i believe you can get more than once. It was a year ago January I was sick with similar symptoms plus a dry cough and the shits. Then covid was like "over there " supposedly. Probably brought that back with me overseas when I was in Asia February
I also was sick last year about that time and suspected that I had received it via an express parcel from China containing a set of screws for a laptop that I was working on (they were inside a polyethylene bag). However, I have been tested multiple times since (antibody tests) and the results have been negative. Years back I picked up a nasty sickness while visiting the PRI show in Orlando so this general type of thing has obviously been around for all of our lives (I have also had pneumonia at least three times in my life). Influenza can be severe and I guess that is what I had earlier in 2020. I have taken antibiotics daily as a prophylactic for possible bacteria lurking around the implants in my leg/foot for over two years now and will do so for the rest of my life. This is what leads me to suspect something viral in early 2020, just not the Covid virus.