Open to topics unrelated to Speed-Talk.
No politics. No religion topics.

Moderator: Team

Kevin Johnson
HotPass
HotPass
Re: Where in the US?

Post by Kevin Johnson »

There might be a more sophisticated program where they can see that your miles/distance traveled doesn't match the data transmitted. Jump that hurdle when you get to it.
Driving Force Online: BREAKING NEWS—Ohio Governor Signs SEMA-Supported Vehicle Freedom Bill Into Law!
Belgian1979
Guru
Guru

Post by Belgian1979 »

Kevin Johnson wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 6:24 pm There might be a more sophisticated program where they can see that your miles/distance traveled doesn't match the data transmitted. Jump that hurdle when you get to it.
Oh, but I'm tempted to just put 400V AC through the thing.
enigma57
Guru
Guru

Post by enigma57 »

Belgian1979
Guru
Guru

Post by Belgian1979 »

enigma57 wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 7:25 am Safety first!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RRmjwYi ... el=PadixTV

HB
:shock:
enigma57
Guru
Guru

Post by enigma57 »

:shock: Crazy Ivan! When he started shoveling handfuls of snow on the electrical fire, I closed my eyes. Water and electricity don't mix well. But apparently, the current was dead by then and he will go home after his shift and have some Vodka with his mates!

HB
Belgian1979
Guru
Guru

Post by Belgian1979 »

enigma57 wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 3:35 am Consider the Texas hill country (stay clear of Austin and surrounds, though). Also consider the East Texas piney woods area close to the Davey Crockett National Forest. You will surely find the place, the natural beauty, the peace and the freedom you are looking for.

No state income tax here in Texas and once we have regime change for the better in Washington, the economy will take off like a rocket again, as well.

East Texas will put you close to Louisiana where my Step-dad grew up and quite a few French and Creole French speaking Acadiens who came there from Canada in the 1750s - 1780s. This was called le grand derangement and I must warn you to be careful to whom you bring it up and how. Tread lightly there, for there are many who have hard feelings about this as if it were only yesterday.

Don't expect the best chocolate here, though. Too much sugar, too much milk, too little cacao. You will need to educate the locals on that. :shock:

Bonne chance avec votre quete,

Harry
Was looking at some properties in and around Dallas. Seems nice and not overly expensive either.
enigma57
Guru
Guru

Post by enigma57 »

My wife and I are looking at various areas within driving distance of her workplace having significantly lower crime rates than our present location. We are NW of Houstin at present. Wife has an hour long commute each way down into Houston now and plans on working 5 more years before retiring. So we are looking for a place within 25 miles of our present location and have found a small town that we like and visit quite often. Moving there will add an additional 30 minutes to her commute, but that's a small price to pay for the benefit of livimg in a (relatively) safer area.

Case in point...... For Mothers Day this year, I got my wife the usual card, a vase of roses and took her out for dinner at our favourite Italian restaurant. I also ordered her a 9mm Smith & Wesson semi-auto purse gun for concealed carry when away from home. And several spare 13-round magazines. This will replace her little 5-shot .38 calibre revolver.

Found this info the other day.......

Houston crime stats......

https://www.homefacts.com/crime/Texas/H ... uston.html

Dallas crime stats......

https://www.homefacts.com/crime/Texas/D ... allas.html

TEXAS CITIES WITH HIGHEST CRIME RATE:
Beaumont, TX Crime Report
Dallas, TX Crime Report
Houston, TX Crime Report
Odessa, TX Crime Report
Port Arthur, TX Crime Report
Corsicana, TX Crime Report
Galveston, TX Crime Report
Lubbock, TX Crime Report
San Antonio, TX Crime Report
San Marcos, TX Crime Report

TEXAS CITIES WITH LOWEST CRIME RATE:
Fulshear, TX Crime Report
Horizon City, TX Crime Report
Trophy Club, TX Crime Report
Colleyville, TX Crime Report
Murphy, TX Crime Report
Prosper, TX Crime Report
Keller, TX Crime Report
Fate, TX Crime Report
Southlake, TX Crime Report
Fredericksburg, TX Crime Report

On the website, each of the cities in the 2 lists above are linked so you can make quick, meaningful comparisons. Cities not listed in that article such as the place we are looking at...... You can usually do a specific web search and find the info. In Texas, look for low crime rates and separately, study the Federal flood maps for those areas. Steer clear of high crime areas and flood prone areas and you should be fine. And before buying...... Drive through, stop and visit stores, gas stations and eating spots. Get a feel for the area and the inhabitants and make sure you are happy to call a place (area) 'home' before settling there.

As you may expect, the Dallas-Ft. Worth area is a high crime area. However, 7 of the 10 cities listed in the 'Lowest Crime List' are within commuting distance of Dallas. Some are adjoining, others closeby.

Fate, TX is one of them. Prosper, Murphy, Colleyville, Trophy Club, Keller and Southlake, TX are, as well. And there are others nearby which you can research separately.

Hope this helps,

Harry
Truckedup
Guru
Guru

Post by Truckedup »

Always remember that a city claimed to have a high crime rate can be just a very small area jacking up the overall rate...
Motorcycle land speed racing... wearing animal hides and clinging to vibrating oily machines propelled by fire
enigma57
Guru
Guru

Post by enigma57 »

:D Point well taken, Tony! In and around Houston...... Just as there are areas where you wouldn't go without good reason...... And armed to the teeth...... There are a few pockets of relative sanity. Even here. Just gotta find 'em.

Best regards,

Harry
Belgian1979
Guru
Guru

Post by Belgian1979 »

Was in Kaufman, Tx
enigma57
Guru
Guru

Post by enigma57 »

Here is what I found for Kaufman, TX, Belgian1979......

https://www.homefacts.com/city/Texas/Ka ... ufman.html

https://www.homefacts.com/offenders/Tex ... ufman.html

https://www.homefacts.com/crime/Texas/K ... ufman.html

https://www.homefacts.com/schools/Texas ... ufman.html

https://www.homefacts.com/properties/Te ... ufman.html

You should be able to type in the name of any city in Texas and get the same information, so long as it is on file.

Caveat...... These records for the most part are circa 2019 and in some cases, 2020. Be aware that there has been

a marked increase in crime generally since the current regime siezed power in late January of this year. Be advised

that overall...... Crime here in my area of Texas has increased 27% - 30% since January 20 of this year, depending

upon which news source you reference.

That said...... Apparently, we are no longer free to discuss the specifics of why that is on the open forum here.

However I will be happy to relate the reasons why this is the case and how long you may expect it to continue via

PM if that would be helpful.

Best regards,

Harry