Recommended Machinist in Florida or south east USA?

Open to topics unrelated to Speed-Talk.
No politics. No religion topics.

Moderator: Team

donforeman

Recommended Machinist in Florida or south east USA?

Post by donforeman »

Is there machine shop in the Miami area or within a reasonable shipping distance that cares about the work they put out? A friend of mine purchased some very rare parts for a 70s Honda 1200, but he lives on the other side of the USA. He wants to assemble them all on a NOS Honda engine, but got blown off by a machinist in GA that I recommended in the past. He is not poor at all, his last toy was a Ferrari. He had one Civic in the 70s and wants to sort of relive his past by sourcing ultra rare parts from all over the world and putting them on another old civic. He even bought a custom made close ratio transmission that Adam Malley of SCCA fame imported from Australia. He is not that mechanical when it comes down to details like bearing clearances and just wants it done right. I have a mugen crank that needs reground and re hardened after checking the new bearing sizes in his block. He wants it, even though I tried to talk him out of it. He has a new performance street cam, but its ground on a softer than oem core from Engine Power Components in Grand Haven MI. So spring pressures are important He wants to send me stuff and have me measure it for new valve springs, etc. I am not a machinist and I'm on the other side of the USA. I learn a lot here and run a chassis dyno for fun, but I know there are much more qualified people out there that may be able to help and get paid for their time. I just don't want to have someone take his money and push out crud either. Just hoping someone has a suggestion on who to try.
donforeman

Re: Recommended Machinist in Florida or south east USA?

Post by donforeman »

donforeman

Re: Recommended Machinist in Florida or south east USA?

Post by donforeman »

It looks like he may have found one today. A little farther away but they have a great reputation.