Open to topics unrelated to Speed-Talk.
No politics. No religion topics.

Moderator: Team

In-Tech
Vendor

Fedex problems

Post by In-Tech »

Hiya,
Am I just the bad luck guy or are any of you having problems with Fedex? MULTIPLE times in the last few months it takes forever for me to get a Fedex package. I am a bit over two hours from L.A. and it takes weeks for me to get a package that used to take a day or possibly 2-3 days. Try this tracking number 61290988122822744088
Normally I don't give a crap, shite. I waited 3 friggin weeks for a radiator that was shipped the same day I ordered it and kept sitting on some truck somewhere and should have been here in 2 days from L.A. warehouse.
I am curious if any of you are having similar problems. I called all my suppliers and told them DO NOT FEDEX me anything, ship DHL or UPS or USPS. I am friggin sick of it.
Heat is energy, energy is horsepower...but you gotta control the heat.
-Carl
BillK
Guru
Guru

Re: Fedex problems

Post by BillK »

Fed Ex Ground has always been terrible around here. Fed Ex ground is all contractors. I always specify UPS but sometimes the vendor only uses Fed Ex.
Bill Koustenis
Advanced Automotive Machine
Waldorf Md

www.enginerepairshop.com
In-Tech
Vendor

Post by In-Tech »

BillK wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 11:23 am Fed Ex Ground has always been terrible around here. Fed Ex ground is all contractors. I always specify UPS but sometimes the vendor only uses Fed Ex.
Yes Bill, some vendor's only use Fedex. It just sucks waiting on crapola that you don't need for a week and now it's been almost two weeks and usually takes a day or two to go 200 miles. I understand stuff happens but it has been MULTIPLE times in the last few months with Fedex.

I had some custom circuit boards made, ordered them a week and a half ago(a week ago Thursday), shipped this past Monday and received on this past Thursday. Shipping was DHL and overseas. :shock:
-Carl
Dave Koehler
Vendor

Post by Dave Koehler »

To those getting long delays in shipping.
Are you selecting standard shipping or one of those cheap ship packages that sends the part on a trip around the world before getting to you?
Sometimes when a seller offers free shipping that's what you get. A trip around the world.
Note that you can get into that trap with UPS also.
Been there.

I ship UPS and most of my incoming is UPS.
UPS plus: I get deliveries approx the same time every day. Usually see the same guy/gal also.
FEDEX Con: I never know what time they might show up.
Regular FEDEX guys are not a problem. They just don't have a set route most of the time. I seem to see 2 different guys every week. Don't know why.
If it's a contractor delivery, well... it might get here today or tonight or tomorrow.
Dave Koehler - Koehler Injection
Enderle Fuel Injection - Nitrous Charger - Balancing - Nitrous Master software
http://www.koehlerinjection.com
"Never let a race car know that you are in a hurry."
In-Tech
Vendor

Post by In-Tech »

Thanks Dave for chiming in,
I agree, when it says free shipping, you just don't know when you are going to get it. I am getting pissed when my vendor ships on time and the shipper lags. It only seems to happen with Fedex. You are correct, I don't seem to see this happen with UPS, USPS can lag at times too but not near as bad as Fedex has been in the last few months.

Oh, it's the Covid, :lol: excuses

Fedex has lost my business, I know nobody cares, I'm just venting :mrgreen: still waiting on my stuff that shipped on the 10th from 200 miles away.
-Carl
gn69z28
Pro
Pro

Post by gn69z28 »

A few months ago I tracked a package being delivered by FedEx and tracking said it was being delivered that day. Get home and no package. Checked tracking online again and said it couldn't be delivered. Address was no good. Called FedEx and guy,who didn't speak English very well,said they couldn't find my house. I told him they delivered to my house a month earlier and that I didn't move the house so what was the problem? He said I had to call the company that sent it to me. I argued that they weren't the ones doing the delivery. He hung up on me. Next day the package is delivered by the postal service. Nothing on the package anywhere had the word FedEx on it. Many years ago FedEx couldn't find me so they gave my package to a stranger down the road. Fortunately they were honest people and they brought it to me.
BOOT
Guru
Guru

Post by BOOT »

Fedex sucks, they always deliver my packages to the wrong house. I've called and complained multiple times.
Channel About My diy Projects & Reviews https://www.youtube.com/c/BOOTdiy

I know as much as I can learn and try to keep an open mind to anything!

If I didn't overthink stuff I wouldn't be on speedtalk!
Dave Koehler
Vendor

Post by Dave Koehler »

Try using the other house address so it winds up at yours.
Dave Koehler - Koehler Injection
Enderle Fuel Injection - Nitrous Charger - Balancing - Nitrous Master software
http://www.koehlerinjection.com
"Never let a race car know that you are in a hurry."