Any remedies for Fibromyalgia?

Open to topics unrelated to Speed-Talk.
No politics. No religion topics.

Moderator: Team

Kingbee
Any remedies for Fibromyalgia?

Post by Kingbee »

Late this summer I started getting fibromyalgia and there's days my feet are on fire. I had a physical therapist work the bottoms of my feet with that windshield squeegee looking tool and that helps. I also got some good soled boots and that has helped as well. The therapist recommended to roll my foot back and fourth across a tennis ball which I haven't tried yet.

Does anyone here deal with this? Anything special you do to ease the pain or make it better?
miniv8
Expert
Expert

Re: Any remedies for Fibromyalgia?

Post by miniv8 »

Might want to try a proper professional chiropractor.
The tubes that carry nerve-signals out of our spine ECU into our hardware components can only be so and so pressed between our back joints before symptoms like this occur.
Magnús Aðalvíkingur Finnbjörnsson
Kingbee

Post by Kingbee »

WELL, I guess I’m also suffering from Dumb Ass disease. I just got back on speed talk and realized I wrote fibromyalgia? No, I meant to write Plantar fasciitis.

I have no idea why I wrote that and I apologize for my mistake. Everything else I wrote is true and my feet do burn at times. I know most of you on this forum have probably been working on your feet most of your life so how have you dealt with this if it’s been a problem for you?

Thanks for your input!
BillK
Guru
Guru

Post by BillK »

Kingbee wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 10:22 pm I just got back on speed talk and realized I wrote fibromyalgia? No, I meant to write Plantar fasciitis.
You had me wondering thats for sure :) I have had it a few times in the past and it has always come down to trying a different pair of shoes or inserts along with just resting my feet which is pretty hard to do :( One guy I know swears by cutting a sheet of foam carpet pad and putting it in his shoes. Mine has always gone away after a month or so of taking it easy. If it was any more prolonged I think I would find a good foot doctor for an opinion.

Of course if you are like most of us we could all stand to lose some weight. 15 lbs overweight is like carrying around a bowling ball 24/7.
Bill Koustenis
Advanced Automotive Machine
Waldorf Md

www.enginerepairshop.com
Kingbee

Post by Kingbee »

Thanks Bill! yes losing 15 or 20 lbs. could do nothing but help. I think of that just about every time my wife cooks supper or starts baking on the weekends.

I worked out of a service truck for 20 years and was on soil much of the time and then 3 years ago I came into the shop thinking that being warm in the winters would be nice as I'm pushing 60 and after 3 years of that I've realized what being on concrete all day can do.

I have some good shoes but the carpet padding sounds like something worth trying.
BillK
Guru
Guru

Post by BillK »

This is going to sound crazy but when I am at home I go barefoot almost all of the time. I actually find that the most comfortable. I think it also helps stretch and exercise the feet in a more natural way.
Bill Koustenis
Advanced Automotive Machine
Waldorf Md

www.enginerepairshop.com
Kingbee

Post by Kingbee »

I do that as well. especially in the summer. It also feels good to get out of the leather steel toed work boots and let the feet breath.
JCR
Pro
Pro

Post by JCR »

Go see a Podiatrist.
GARY C
HotPass
HotPass

Post by GARY C »

Kingbee wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 10:22 pm WELL, I guess I’m also suffering from Dumb Ass disease. I just got back on speed talk and realized I wrote fibromyalgia? No, I meant to write Plantar fasciitis.

I have no idea why I wrote that and I apologize for my mistake. Everything else I wrote is true and my feet do burn at times. I know most of you on this forum have probably been working on your feet most of your life so how have you dealt with this if it’s been a problem for you?

Thanks for your input!
The best cure is to eliminate whats causing it, for me it is wine, go to veggeis and water only for 30 days and see if it goes away, then reintroduce your other food and drink items one at a time until you find the problem... It's kind of like doing R&D on an engine.

Most people find if they cut out breads, pasta, sugar and dairy most of their health issues go away. This cured a sinus issue that I had for 30+ years.
Please Note!
THE ABOVE POST IN NO WAY REFLECTS THE VIEWS OF SPEED TALK OR IT'S MEMBERS AND SHOULD BE VIEWED AS ENTERTAINMENT ONLY...Thanks, The Management!
iadr
Expert
Expert

Re: Any remedies for plantar fasciitis

Post by iadr »

Think of your arch+Achilles+calf (soleus) muscle as one big assembly. Windlass is the term, I think.
Think also that to have the healthy slight upward curve, the foot-bottom flat plantar muscle set can't be bowstring tight, because a curve is a longer "line" than a straight one.
So you want to stretch the plantar muscle, or the soleus muscle- let your body figure out which.

I solve 90% of my basically life long (ok, 30 out of 50yo) problem with one move..that took me 40odd years to find.
75 slow count seconds on getting up in the morning give a night and day difference.
Interestingly, where I feel the pull varies depending on what I've been doing the day before. plantar or soleus.
Also stretching the soleus keeps me from walking toes out rolling off my foot on the inside, which also contributes to the improvement.

I'm going to give some heck of a long text string links, but they will get you to the image I want you to see, and a 2nd back up version

IDK about moving- steady pull is better I think but this basic foot position, don't worry about what he's doing with his hands, it's not important
https://www.google.com/search?q=stretch ... _pYNOj0OhM

and here
https://www.google.com/search?q=stretch ... wdW5-PddhM
BILL-C
Expert
Expert

Post by BILL-C »

I have been suffering from Plantar faciatis for years . I went to a podiatrist and had all the typical treatments such as custom insoles, shots,excercises, etc. These all helped a little, but I still have pain. One of the best things I did to help my feet was to buy a pair of sandals from a company called the healing sole. These sandals are awesome! The second I get home at night I put them on and the really help relieve my foot pain.
Carlquist Competition Engines