Open to topics unrelated to Speed-Talk.
No politics. No religion topics.

Moderator: Team

prairiehotrodder
Guru
Guru

Freedom

Post by prairiehotrodder »

What state has the least woke ideology, pro abortion, pro euthenaisia, left wing dictatorship government ? Like if you wanted to pick up your family and flee somewhere that you would be left alone in your religion, your freedom to prosper, and not taxed to death ? My research is telling me Idaho, Florida, Montana, the Dakotas or possibly Texas ? Also which state has the least covid restrictions and fearful government beaurocrats trying to run your life for you ? Which state has less cities, more wilderness ?
Brian
The Word of God is quick and powerfull
www.therocketshop.blogspot.com
learner1
Re: Freedom

Post by learner1 »

I don't live in Idaho but i know it wasn't lacking in it's covid restrictions so i'd rule it out.
JCR
Pro
Pro

Post by JCR »

Texas has no income tax but high property taxes. There are conservative parts of Texas but there are the wackos in Austin. It's all about tradeoffs.
Super_Stock

Post by Super_Stock »

I don't think it matters where you go, your going to take your "issues" with you..
6.50camaro
HotPass
HotPass

Post by 6.50camaro »

Brian,
As a fellow believer I will say having moved to Kentucky close to 2 years now I have to say it is very close to your description of what you're looking for. AS long as you stay away from Lexington and Louisville big cities attract those things. It's 55 miles from my driveway to the gate at Beech Bend Park in Bowling Green. I have only done a couple test and tunes there late last year but what I saw with the way the track is run was great. Pretty long season track opened first week of March and it was late November or early December that they closed for the season. There are two other tracks about the same distance away in Tenn. but have to drive thru the mountains to get there.
Property Taxes are low, housing costs I would put at reasonable having lived in N.Y. and Louisiana. In 2020 I found a 20 year old double wide with a 30'x40' shop with a 12'x40' lean-to from my enclosed trailer and a 24'x32' framed building I could turn into a rental house if I wanted to deal with that. Right now we just use it as storage after down sizing from larger houses for 80K and the taxes are under $700. a year. Utilities are less than N.Y. but slightly more than La. Car Insurance way cheaper than both places. Lots of farm land {cattle and tobacco} and back roads to get away from people.
PM me and I will share more if you'd like. Dan
prairiehotrodder
Guru
Guru

Post by prairiehotrodder »

6.50camaro wrote: Sun Apr 10, 2022 5:53 pm Brian,
As a fellow believer I will say having moved to Kentucky close to 2 years now I have to say it is very close to your description of what you're looking for. AS long as you stay away from Lexington and Louisville big cities attract those things. It's 55 miles from my driveway to the gate at Beech Bend Park in Bowling Green. I have only done a couple test and tunes there late last year but what I saw with the way the track is run was great. Pretty long season track opened first week of March and it was late November or early December that they closed for the season. There are two other tracks about the same distance away in Tenn. but have to drive thru the mountains to get there.
Property Taxes are low, housing costs I would put at reasonable having lived in N.Y. and Louisiana. In 2020 I found a 20 year old double wide with a 30'x40' shop with a 12'x40' lean-to from my enclosed trailer and a 24'x32' framed building I could turn into a rental house if I wanted to deal with that. Right now we just use it as storage after down sizing from larger houses for 80K and the taxes are under $700. a year. Utilities are less than N.Y. but slightly more than La. Car Insurance way cheaper than both places. Lots of farm land {cattle and tobacco} and back roads to get away from people.
PM me and I will share more if you'd like. Dan
Thanks Dan, I toured KY in 2018 with my family. Went to Arkencounter and the hatfields and McCoys sites. We loved it there. I also have a friend at Oneida whom we visited and we stopped by Mountain Park dragway at Clay City. Right now my parents live on a family farm that has been ours for over 100 years. Some days If I watch to much news I feel like selling off and leaving. At the moment I'm barred from leaving the country. Truth and Justice have been thrown to the ground.
Brian
The Word of God is quick and powerfull
www.therocketshop.blogspot.com