Open to topics unrelated to Speed-Talk.
No politics. No religion topics.

Moderator: Team

hoffman900
HotPass
HotPass
MadBill ?

Post by hoffman900 »

I've been here since 2006 and Bill's always been an active poster. I haven't seen posts by him in a while, last login in August. I know he was pushing 80yo.

I know several of the long time regulars here are getting older, hopefully all is well with him.
-Bob
Kevin Johnson
HotPass
HotPass
Re: MadBill ?

Post by Kevin Johnson »

I wrote to him recently and he said that he and Jan were having some health issues hence his absence from ST. Shortly thereafter he replied that Jan had passed away. :(

https://www.legacy.com/ca/obituaries/th ... =203356005
Driving Force Online: BREAKING NEWS—Ohio Governor Signs SEMA-Supported Vehicle Freedom Bill Into Law!
Chris_Hamilton
Pro
Pro

Post by Chris_Hamilton »

Very sad. :( Bill if you are reading this my thoughts and prayers go out to you.
High quality metal, body and paint work
http://www.spiuserforum.com/index.php?t ... inia.9030/
In-Tech
Vendor

Post by In-Tech »

Man, MadBill, if you are listening. I never met you in person but I very much enjoyed your posts and have enjoyed you over the years. I know there is nothing I can say. I wish you the best.
Heat is energy, energy is horsepower...but you gotta control the heat.
-Carl
Kevin Johnson
HotPass
HotPass

Post by Kevin Johnson »

William Ball Obituary
BALL, William Lee

November 17, 1943– December 2, 2023

On Saturday, December 2nd, Bill passed away peacefully at PRHC, a year (nearly to the day) after the death of his beloved wife of 57 years, Jan. Bill was the loving father of Grant (Emily) and Lori (Bob) McRae; proud grandfather of Alec and Ian McRae, Olivia and Ava Ball, and Susanna Cuda; and great grandfather to Juliette and Selwyn Cuda.

From his earliest days he was fascinated by mechanical devices, disassembling his toys to understand their inner workings and dream up novel inventions. Model aircraft and boats came later—a pivotal occasion was at age 12, when he enlisted the help of the village blacksmith to fit a one horsepower lawnmower engine to his bicycle. From there he progressed to rebuilding motor scooters, WW2 and pre-war Norton motorcycles, onto early 1950’s Vincents, which he road-raced for a number of years. He was passionate about modifying his various cars over the years, especially his 1970 Camaro.

Bill worked for 35 years as an automotive engineer at General Motors and spent countless weekends, (as Jan his wife would attest to,) working at what is now known as Canadian Tire Motorsport Park, as a track Marshall in the pit crew and as Crew Chief and Engineer. However, it was during the years when his job became an extension of his hobby, in his role as Technical Manager of the GM Motorsports Players Race series, where he really cemented his legendary status as an automotive engineer guru. He truly leaves behind a lasting legacy in the annals of race track history.

A brilliant man with an innovative mind and a quirky, dry sense of humor, Bill will be remembered as a loving husband and father, and a kind and compassionate friend. He will be so deeply missed by all who knew and loved him.

Donations can be made to Hospice Peterborough or the PRHC. Online condolences may be made at www.highlandparkfuneralcentre.com

Driving Force Online: BREAKING NEWS—Ohio Governor Signs SEMA-Supported Vehicle Freedom Bill Into Law!
hoffman900
HotPass
HotPass

Post by hoffman900 »

Thanks, Kevin.

RIP, Bill. Thanks for the knowledge you shared.
-Bob
Mummert
Expert
Expert

Post by Mummert »

I read many of MadBills posts over the years, its nice to have learned a little more about him. Thanks for digging into it. RIP Bill.
Mummert Machine and Development 4 stroke hp
Mummert Y-blocks
Kevin Johnson
HotPass
HotPass

Post by Kevin Johnson »

Mummert wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 12:57 am I read many of MadBills posts over the years, its nice to have learned a little more about him. Thanks for digging into it. RIP Bill.
In the obituary, people posted pictures of Bill on his first love of motorcycles. I think the software for the board has been updated ... I will try again. https://www.highlandparkfuneralcentre.c ... lliam-Ball

... at the track, a bit later on:

Erland Cox
Guru
Guru

Post by Erland Cox »

I am sad to hear this. Bill you will be missed on this site.

Erland
Tom Walker
Pro
Pro

Post by Tom Walker »

Always seemed to be a clever and intuitive thinker.
His presence and knowledge will be missed. RIP.
Moparboy440

Post by Moparboy440 »

RIP