Found this post on another forum YOU LIKE THIS ONE!

Tech questions that don't fit above forums

Moderator: Team

jsgarage
Expert
Expert
Re: Found this post on another forum YOU LIKE THIS ONE!

Post by jsgarage »

Along the same lines, I and a friend were cruising thru the motorcycle racing pits at Laguna Seca in CA, when I noticed a sad looking young man in leathers sitting in back of a Ryder box-van with Tennessee plates. "Not racing after driving all that way?" I asked

"Nope- Truck blew up in Texas on the way out. So we rented this rig. We got here in time for practice but after a couple of hot laps the engine's not running right. Can't understand it- I bought new pistons & rings, and lapped them into the cylinders real careful..."

A couple of questions clarified that he indeed had slathered LAPPING COMPOUND on his 2-stroke 250's pistons back home and idled it for 5 minutes, then took it apart and wiped it all clean just like someone told him 'to prevent piston seizure'. Then he and a friend drove 2000 miles one-way for a money race, losing his pickup's engine along the way. We could only shake our heads and wish him well. About the saddest thing I've ever seen/heard at a track.
mag2555
Guru
Guru
Location: Heading for a bang up with Andromeda as we all are.

Post by mag2555 »

Surprised Myth busters never picked up on this, lol!!
You can cut a man's tongue from his mouth, but that does not mean he’s a liar, it just shows that you fear the truth he might speak about you!
fabr
Expert
Expert

Post by fabr »

gunt wrote: Sat Jul 16, 2022 5:56 pm i have had that so many times , ou show them the shit some one done then they defend them by saying he is an expert in another brand

too many stories

a mechanic rang one of my guys from a large dealership , merc audi , said hey have an oil light on after they serviced it , greg recomended an oil pressure test , 20min later the mechanic arrived in the car with the oil light on , they had no tool and theres no place to hook it up so you must have a different tool , please test

one of they guy i put alot of effort into , as he was going places and proved himself globaly , but never realy spoke since , dealers swollowed him up , he is out on his own now , but a neighbour of his who could'nt get him to do it at the time , subaru ej20 , now he would have only assisted in engine here and only ever build std since , i built a ej20 with the avcs heads high comp and i modify alot of little things , mainly oil gallries , but it seams he wants to see what i am doing so he said to the customer with the engine having never being fitted that in his opnion its built wrong , and he wants to strip it , i hear now that he has recomended it go back to std heads and theres no way to make them work ,

built an engine guy comes 2 yrs later , long drive , its drinking oil , put it on the lift , sure enough it is , theres under 1lit of oil in it , turbo shit itself , so we had one on the shelf and get him sorted , he then askes ging out the door , he is thinking of selling it and needs aperwork on the warrenty of the engine

one guy i worked with , should never be in the trade , went out on his own , had a bmw 316 , use to die every so often , he discovered [ no idea how ] that if he took an ignition lead off put a earth straigh into it and then it would start , he managed to sell it , for top dollar after explaining to the new owner how to do this when it died

i ripped an engine , built by another shop , bastardised , they went in to the head with a non furious head to gouge out the head , i felt so bad for the customer , so i rang the shop as i knew the owner asked him to grab they guy who told him he could port & polish [ the ower knew nothing about cars but had money ] so while the owner was listening i asked him to shove the guys 2 hand up hos arse and then weld them in place so he dose no more harm [ the owner laughed ]

i dont mind the public messin gup so much , i think its good to seeany young lad having an intrest , an probally help them more than i should , but its the professionals , i may have posted it somewhere before , but there was a car built by a guy in a machine shop , the owner known as loose bore , [ and on a side track , my guy sent a block with oe pistons to bore , it came back he put it up on the stand and went through the boxes , the pistons werein the boxes , and he had to haev a moment , there were 6 pistons in the block and 6 in boxes , but it was bored to the non oe ones , so he rang and asked , did he not see the large box , he said ya but we have better luck with our own , ]
so back to his apprentice , built an engine , got another shop to fit liners , alloy block ,[ long story short ] he blamed the liners , skimmed the block , blamed the head studs changed 3 brand still loosing head gaskets under boost [ low boost ] skimmed the had several times , blamed gaskets , but in short the head was off 11 times , the dyno opperator got that fed up he lifted the haed himself , spent a number of hrs looking , dowels were missing , never told the muppet so he went around bragging that oe head bolts sorted it

id say the guy burring the block was watching the old f1 videos drinking beer , where they seasoned blocks out in the rain and all the staff were roumered to take a leak on them [ bmw ]

at the moment i have a subaru wher i sold a mechanic an sti engine to fit , he plauged me to wire it in , he came back and booked a date and said it must be a different block ej20 [ twin to single turbo ] as the starter wont fit , i laid the law down , so the car was delivered and he said the clutch wont work , but sur you can drop the box

i usally find wiring the best , and you can always tell an electrical has being at it , had a honda recently , full wire tuck , earths are obviouslly an optional extra , is all i can say
I don't mean to be rude but what language was that written in? :lol:
jred
Expert
Expert

Post by jred »

auto correct was turned off #-o #-o #-o
gunt
Expert
Expert

Post by gunt »

very sorry guys , i did it quick , shouldn't have of as i am dyslexic and generally it take me ages to reread someting before posting ,

realy funy thing is , i didn't know i was [ in writing ] thought i was in reading , seamingly its a thing [ reading and writing ] some migth have seen my post where i said i was in a large legal ting for 10yrs , but I would meet professionals and all was good , follow up with email , then i would hear nothing , time was ticking and i'd ring , i'd get corospondance , more was needed and the same would continue but the time would drag out more , so eventually my wife decided to email [ as it was affecting the full famialy life ] [ and i said if you think you can do better go right ahead ] so she did , but she had to read the last few messages back and forth to bring her up to speed to see where she was going [ this would be between solicitors engineers architecs and more ] it didn't take her long , she said what the fk have you beign writing these people , so she read back my emails , i couldn'd believe it , so she informed me i was dyslexic and no wonder i was getting no responce , so i rang every one and informed them , they explained that as far as they though the conversation went well and then an email came which was so off they though i was mad as hell at them and wrote the email furious so mad as to not care how it read , one guy in paticular was an lecutre ,national spokes person. advisor to the goverment and over all the building tades in the country , so he said [ in the trades ] he see alot of dyslexia and the issue was [ not bragging ] that i was able to converse so well and defend my self in court against very well educated persons , that he had never see a person with just the written and read dsylexia , and when i wrote so badly he would be offended , solicitor said he offten had to walk away from the computer as he would be so infuriated [ i wish he did ] but i would have slightly ment it but ut came across alot worse and a bit mental ,

so bare with me
gunt
Expert
Expert

Post by gunt »

jred wrote: Mon Jul 18, 2022 12:04 pm auto correct was turned off #-o #-o #-o
i never found the on button

in my brain :D