Found this post on another forum YOU LIKE THIS ONE!

Tech questions that don't fit above forums

Moderator: Team

stealth
Guru
Guru
Found this post on another forum YOU LIKE THIS ONE!

Post by stealth »

Powrd1.8T
Junior Member Join Date: Nov 2007

Hey guys, please help with my mods gone wrong.....

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey guys, I've got a 98 1.8T. I've had a k04 and chip for a while and wanted to get more performance. I was recommended to port and polish the intake and exhaust. We found out they used abrasive material to do it like gritty sand. So I got with my friend that tunes Hondas and we decided to try it ourselves. We got a bag of sandblasting sand and hooked up into the intake and started the car. We had to hold the gas so it would run. He wanted to let the engine suck in the sand through the intake so it would port it out and then push it out the ehxaust so it would port the exhaust manifold.
I was worried that it might cause problems but he figured it'd be OK as long as we didn't make boost and it get sucked in the turbo. After running the car and letting it suck in sand we got about half way through a 25 lb bag. The check engine light was on and the engine was bucking and kicking and sounding really weird. We stopped and hooked the car back up normal and took off the sand supply. We tried to start it again and it was really hard. Once started it couldn't idle and kept making weird noises. We took it out and drove it and it started to make scraping and knocking noises.
Help! Can anyone tell me what to do! My buddy only does Hondas so he doesn't know much about Audis.
jmarkaudio
Vendor

Post by jmarkaudio »

Isn't that that new extrude hone process???Image :shock:

One word come to mind if it is not a joke, MORON.
Mark Whitener
www.racingfuelsystems.com
____

Good work isn't cheap and cheap work can't be good.
stix818

Post by stix818 »

No way!!! WOW
Hellbound Train Racing
CamKing
Guru
Guru

Post by CamKing »

This has to be a joke.
If not, I may have to change my stance on abortion.
Mike Jones
Jones Cam Designs

Denver, NC
jonescams@bellsouth.net
http://www.jonescams.com
Jones Cam Designs' HotPass Vendors Forum: viewforum.php?f=44
(704)489-2449
gem

Post by gem »

Pretty sure this is a joke/urban legend as I have seen this somewhere before about a year ago.
briancb1

Post by briancb1 »

its a joke for sure, no way they could get through half a 25lb bag of sand.
airflowdevelop
Guru
Guru

Post by airflowdevelop »

It is a joke.

google "Hey guys, please help with my mods gone wrong"
Dodge Freak
Guru
Guru
Post by Dodge Freak »

These kids today might not be too sharp about engines but they can't be that dumb...these were guys, right :P
ProPower engines
Guru
Guru

Post by ProPower engines »

I HAVE SEEN A GUY THAT WAS TOLD TO USE WATER INJECTION TO REMOVE CARBON FROM THE CHAMBERS USE A GARDEN HOSE. A neibour said to rev the engine up and let a hose flow water down the intake to remove chamber deposits. Too much water was used a bent 5 rods.
Real Race Cars Don't Have Doors
MrWOT
Pro
Pro

Post by MrWOT »

That one may be a joke, but I saw a REAL one a few weeks back where a kid was complaining of what sounded like rod knock and when we got him to explain we figured it probably had something to do with the 75w90 he put in his crankcase... :shock:

My own brother, doesn't seem to believe me that he is in mortal peril by merely adding oil to the engine when the oil pressure warning comes on, instead of getting his oil changed regularly... I'll miss him when the engine seizes at 70mph on the freeway :(
stix818

Post by stix818 »

CamKing wrote:This has to be a joke.
Now that's funny!!!
Hellbound Train Racing
miniv8
Expert
Expert

Post by miniv8 »

I read about some poor kid who was replacing his stock Honda connecting rods with some hipo tuning GT rods from Eagle. they didn't have those half-round metal thingies the stock ones had so he figured it was for less friction and perhaps they floated on air for more power. The engine was loud in the upper rpm.

For spark-plugs and powerbands, crossdrilled brake lines and left hand screwdrivers http://kalecoauto.com/ is your one stop shop!

[/url]
Magnús Aðalvíkingur Finnbjörnsson
oldsracer

Post by oldsracer »

CamKing wrote:This has to be a joke.

:lol: :lol: :lol:
[url]http://zeitgeistmovie.com[/url]
stealth
Guru
Guru
Post by stealth »

Well this one may be a joke, but let me tell ya' there are some winners out there.

We use to rent cars at the shop i worked at for a while. One day we get a call to comp pick up our p.o.s. car it wont start. The customer said he added water to it the day before and there must be an engine problem to need so much water. The guy was really pissed. Sure enough it didn't even try to start; we towed it in and your not going to believe this, the guy filled the engine up with water up to the oil fill, yup filled the entire entine right up to the oil fill cap. Drained it out pulled the plugs and spun it over... changed the oil etc... started right up...lol

Had another guy pull in with a mustang, complaing he couldnt back up sometimes, we pulled it in, seemed ok, put it up on the lift to find out the one tie rod end was broke clean off, so the completely independ wheel just followed when going straight but jamed up side ways when backing up. We were horified to find out he's been driving it 80+ mph for a few weeks. We told him he needed to not drive it for safety reasons, he then proceeded to cus us out, that the car was fine, and we were just tryning to scam him. Only reverse was an issue....Took his car and left.......

Sooo... yes i do believe it could have happened.
Dodge Freak
Guru
Guru
Post by Dodge Freak »

Its why at new car dealerships, theres the service advisor who writes the repair order up and speaks with the customers and the mechanics the customer rarely speaks with. Its a special "art" to talk with some people...they might earn good money but just can not understand at all how somethings work.